Chapter 12

The night was very peaceful and quiet. Sho and Haru were sleeping restfully as well. The only sound you could hear was the clock's ticks. Then, it was 12 am. Nothing was happening yet, nothing that can disturb them sleeping.

Although Sho was restfully sleeping, he felt something unusual. It felt like somebody is looking at him! Sho's brain began to process what he felt that made him woke up.

He gently opened his eyes. His senses were correct - somebody was looking at him in his room. It's not Haru!

He immediately sat down from lying and was extremely surprised at the being he saw. He can slightly see the face because his bed was near the window and the figure stood near his bed's footboard. The moon that night was very bright that it reached Sho's room.

It was Spiller! He was super shocked! Mind you, he wasn't looking down. He was slightly looking up. He finally found words to tell the being in front of him.

"Spiller! How come?"

This time, Spiller was tall, like a human! He looked extremely different as well in terms of his posture and the way he dressed. He looked so magical, like he was a royal prince in a different dimension.

Sho was still in shock and didn't know what to do. Spiller's reaction was stiff like nothing happened - the usual him. He decided to speak to enlighten Sho.

"I came back to correct things. I am the only one who can do it."

Everything was still overwhelming for Sho. He had a lot of questions for Spiller but do not know where to start. The two became silent for a moment. Sho then decided to get up from bed and talk to Spiller in a more comfortable space.

He asked him if they can go downstairs and talk. Spiller agreed. They moved out of the room quietly becuase Haru was still restfully sleeping.

They went to the kitchen, and Sho turned the lights on there. He offered a seat and water to Spiller. Sho also sat down, and he decided to open up the conversation.

"What happened?"

Spiller looked in his eyes before answering him.

"I was poisoned and dead. The last thing I remembered in the Borrowers' world was I was in pain."

Sho could not help but notice how awkward it was listening to Spiller as he was referring to the "Borrowers' world".

"When I woke up. I was in a place full of grass and flowers. I didn't see anyone. The place was very empty, except the flowers and grass. I walked around until I found a huge tree. I sat under it and tried to observe my surroundings.

To my suprise, a lady appeared in front of me. She was very magical and divine, like a goddess. She only smiled at me. I only looked her. She then spoke and told me a very shocking revelation."

That alone was already very intriguing. Sho thought that there were things in this world that humans did not know.

"She told me that Borrowers were..."

Spiller couldn't continue. He was frowning like he still couldn't believe what he knew. But he decided to continue.

"We were like you - humans."

Boom! It was a bomb for Sho. He slightly oppened his mouth in shock. He couldn't believe what he just heard. He interrupted Spiller's story.

"What?! How come? I mean how did you become like... Borrowers?"

Spiller continued his story.

"I also asked her the same question. She told me Borrowers were cursed. There was a human village thousands of years ago that lived in an isolated area. They lived a very basic life - hunting, farming, having a family, stuff like that.