Chapter 28

I had a bit of a lie in till 7am this morning. Not that I could really sleep well, all I could think about was Derek. The fact he was dead made me feel physically sick.

"I'm driving you to the cross country meet today." Allison says barging into my room. I nod and  then climb out if bed. I have a shower and get changed into some leggins in the shade of dark  green. I put on a white crop top and then my running shoes. I straighten my hair and then do my eyebrows, mascara and some concealer.

Once I was ready I have some fruit for breakfast. "Right if you drop me to school and I'll get the address off Coach. Before we go get Lydia." I say and she nods.

I told coach I would get to the cross country of my own back. Only because Allison insisted on following Scott. And sitting on a bus surrounded by the cross country team really didn't appeal to me.

Allison was not letting me go to sleep, she just wouldn't allow it. I was lying on the back seats of her car just trying to sleep. But everytime I closed my eyes Allison would start a conversation with me.

"Am I getting to close? I'm getting way too close, aren't I?" Allison says and I roll my eyes. "That depends are you just following the bus, or are you planning on mounting it at some point?" I say sarcastically and lying back down and cuddling into the pillow I brought with me. Best decision I've ever made. "Yeah, I should back off." Allison says and I scoff. "You've been spending too much time with Stiles." Lydia says refurring to my sarcastic remark making me roll my eyes.

"Well that also depends. Do you mean the bus or the ex-boyfriend you're currently stalking?" I say to Allison and she smiles bitterly. "After what happened. I'm not letting him out of my sight. You saw what happened." Allison says and I roll my eyes. "By the way this all happened when he came knocking at my door." Allison says.

Allison then tells Lydia about Scott coming to our apartment last night. Him basically telling us not to get involved and stay out if it. After he found a bullet with our symbol on and one of Allison's titanium arrow heads.

I tried studying to take my mind off of what happened last night. Unfortunately, my mind wouldn't let me stop thinking about Derek.

My connection to Derek, is a weird one. I feel like I can't let him get hurt. Now that Derek is dead I feel like something inside of me has changed. I don't know what it is but it feels weird, really weird. We weren't exactly close but my heart was broken now that he was dead. I haven't let myself cry but I genuinely feel heart broken that he's dead. I feel connected to that whole family, as much as I hate Peter I still have a sort of weird connection. Then Cora, she seems like a sweet girl but I've never spoke to her. I feel like I would give me left leg for that family and it bugs me why. They haven't done anything for my family, except for hurt us.

"Is that whole 'not let them out of your sight' thing literal or more like a rule?" Lydia says to Allison as she studies as well. I snap out of my thoughts and look at Allison for her answer. "Why?" She says glancing at Lydia. "You're running on fumes." Lydia says not looking up from her book. Me and Allison look over to see that she was indeed running on fumes. "Ugh!" Allison says and I laugh softly.

"Yeah and I'm pretty sure that bus holds a lot more gas than this Toyota." Lydia says and I laugh and we high five. "What if we stop?" Allison asks and I sink back in my chair. "Is it really that big of a deal? I mean so we lose them. We know where they're headed." I say and Allison glances at me through the rear mirror. "Put your seatbelt on missy." She says sternly. "Aye aye captain." I say making her and Lydia laugh. 

"How are things between you and Aiden?" I ask and Lydia starts laugh. "Woah since when did you care about me and Aiden?" Lydia asks and I shrug. "Woah. Hold on a second." She says turning around to look at me. "Is that why you invited me on this whole little road trip thing?" Lydia asks looking between me and Allison. "Oh my gosh." She says when me and Allison don't say anything. "Your keeping an eye on then and me." She says and I scoff.