Chapter 45

"Clara." I hear someone say and I wake up and look around to see Stiles awake in the hospital bed beside me. "You should go home." He says and I shake my head no. "Clara please." He says and I shake my head again. "When I've been in hospital, you've never left my side. So no Stiles I don't want to leave your side." I say and he sighs.

I notice it was still dark so I grab my phone out of my pocket. It was only 5am.

"How are you feeling?" I ask standing up from my chair and brushing his off of his forehead. "I feel better now with the anesthetic." He says and I nod.

I sit on the edge of the bed holding his hand. I was curious as to if he remembers me telling him I love him last night.

"What do you remember from last night?" I ask him whilst playing with hands. "I remember little things like me asking you not to tell my dad. The smell,  thinking my leg was bleeding but that's it really." He says and I nod.

"You know, school starts in about four hours. You've already missed a day off school." He says and I widen my eyes at him.

"I really could care less about school right now." I say and he rolls his eyes playfully and squeezes my hand.

A nurse comes in and smiles at us both. "I've been instructed to give you another anesthetic, as you weren't supposed to be awake yet." The nurse says and I kiss Stiles' cheeks before stepping away from the bed.

After the nurse gave Stiles an anesthetic and left I went back to were I was sat and held his dad. "Will you cuddle with me?" He asks and I smile. I kick off my shoes and climb in beside him.

I place Stiles head on my chest and play with his hair and from there it didn't take long for him to fall back to sleep.

I lied there for hours with him in my arms. I hate this so much. I hate everything he's going through, I really do hate it. He's deserves anything and everything and here he is in a hospital bed over the bloody nemeton. He did a wonderful thing in order to save our parents. Yet he has to repay for it in such a horrible way.

At about midday I got out of the bed and put my shoes on. I leant over Stiles and kissed his forehead.

I step outside of the room and the Sheriff and Mellisa were stood there. "How is he?" Sheriff asks and I nod. "He's fine, just sleeping." I say and he nods.

"I think I'm going to go home and freshen up then I'll be back." I say and they look at each other then to the floor. "Uh, do you want me to give you a lift home?" Stiles dad asks and I look up at him. "Would you mind?" I ask and he smiles softly. "No." He says and I no. "See you later Mellisa." I say and wave at her.

On the way home me and the Sheriff hardly spoke. I was sat there looking out of the window.

"Thank you for staying with him." Sheriff says and I turn to him. "Its okay, he's stayed with me to make sure I sleep okay multiple times. I just wish he told me it was this bad." I say leaning my head against the window.

"He treats you right, right?" Sheriff asks and I smile. "He's amazing, treats me like a princess." I say and he smiles softly. "Good." He says and I smile.

Once we get to our apartment he pulls up right infront of the door. "Clara uh, Stiles is gonna be having a few tests this afternoon. So you don't have to come back." Sheriff says as I take my seatbelt off.

"What's he having tests for?" I ask curiously turning my body to face the Sheriff. "We think he has what his mom had, we want to run tests to make sure." He says and my heart sinks.

Dementia. They think Stiles has dementia. Oh my god. No, no, no.

"Dementia?" I question and play with my necklace nervously. "Unfortunately, I understand if you don't come back. It will be a huge issue." The Sheriff says and I open the car door.