Chapter 8 » Worried

Author P.O.V

"Yeosang, I'm worried!" Wooyoung said to his best friend. "You've been saying that every day." Yeosang slightly slapped the boy who was clinging to him. "Have you called him or something?" Yunho asked, and Wooyoung nodded. "I've been texting him and calling him for the past 2 weeks. He didn't answer any of it," Wooyoung said.

After school, Yunho met up with Mingi at his locker. Mingi was waiting for him there, and he greeted him. "Do you want to ask me about San, right?" Mingi asked, and Yunho was shocked but nodded. "He's at his hometown. His grandparents are currently ill. He has to go back before something happens," Mingi explained, and Yunho nodded. "But why didn't he answer any of Wooyoung's texts or calls?" Yunho asked. "He doesn't want to tell me," Mingi sighed. "Don't tell Wooyoung, San doesn't want him to know," he said again. "Never mind, thank you for the information," Yunho said, patting Mingi's head before leaving, making the boy shocked and all smiley.

Mingi walked on the street on his way back home. He then walked in front of San's house and saw a car that didn't exist for 2 weeks. He assumed that San was back. He knocked on the door and waited patiently. "Mingi! Long time no see." San's mom gave a small smile at him. Mingi smiled back at her. "Is San home?" he asked. "Yes, he is upstairs. Come in," she said, leading the way to San's room.

"San!" he hugged his friend as soon as he got to the room. San's mom closed the door, giving the boys some privacy to talk. "I miss you so much," Mingi said, still hugging his friend. "Let me go or I'll die," San said, and Mingi laughed after letting go of him. "Everyone misses you actually," Mingi said, pouting. "Everyone?" San asked. "Me, Yunho, and Wooyoung." San's face changed after hearing Wooyoung's name. "Why? Did I say something wrong?" Mingi asked. "No, no, just-" he sighed. "You like him, don't you?" Mingi said, making San look at him. "I knew it. Yunho and I have been talking about this for a while," Mingi said, and San just kept quiet. "How are your grandparents doing?" Mingi asked him, trying to change the topic. "They are gone, Mingi." San hugged Mingi, his tears down on his cheek. Mingi hugged him without saying anything. "Just cry, San. I'm here for you," Mingi said, caressing the boy's hair softly. "I'm lucky you are my best friend, Mingi," San said. Mingi smiled at him.

After a while, they hugged each other on San's bed without sleeping. "Do you want me to stay here tonight?" Mingi asked, and he nodded at him. "Thank you, Mingi," San said. "No need to," Mingi said, and they drifted to sleep right after.

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 8 Worried