Almost Busted !

Your POV

"See ya," I said as Marshall walked out my door.
"Bye," he said walking off. (floating actually..) "Wait," he said holding my hand before I closed the door. I raised an eyebrow at him.
"You wanna come over to my place tomorrow? I can pick you up, if you don't mind...?" he said nervously.
"It's a date," I said smirking and closing the door. Hey, just 'cuz I was locked in a cave for years doesn't mean I can't watch TV and learn cool punchlines. After locking the door I went to shower and get to bed.

Floating over my bed, I thought about the things that had happened the last 2 days. I saw Marshall hurt. I took him in. He left and came back. We hung out and had fun. Fun. I haven't had fun since I was really little. Like, really, really little. That sounds really sad, I know. Don't pity me. I hate that. I wonder how long I can keep Marshall from finding out I'm a siren?

--time skip to when you're at marshall's house--

"All time low or Mayday parade?" Marshall asked me. (A/N: Those are bands for those of you who don't know... I didn't feel like making up a celeb)
"Dunno. Both," I replied.
"Ok," he said clicking on the mix that had popped up on youtube. I put my arms behind my head and bobbed my head to the the music. At the corner of my eye, I noticed Marshall staring at me weirdly.
"What?" I asked. He took my hand and looked at it closely.
"What the hell happened?" he asked running his thumb over my siren bite. My blood ran cold. What do I say?!
"Oh, um... a racoon... bit me," that is the stupidest thing I've ever said. He gave me a 'are you crazy?' look.
"It was going through my food, I had to do something!" I replied a little too quickly.
"You're so stupid, Y/n," he chuckled. That chuckle... Ah! What's wrong with me. Second creepy thought I've had. I gave Marshall a fake glare. He smirked and leaned in. I couldn't help blushing.
"You're MY stupid Y/n," he whispered in my ear. I blushed deeper. He smirked at me and leaned back.
"Yeah, I do that sometimes," he said mysteriously.
"W-what does that mean?" I stuttered. He smirked wider- if that was possible.
"Whatever you want it to," he said. I blushed again. Since when did I blush this much?! "Want something to eat?"
"Sure," I said, glad he was dropping the topic. He got up and walked to the kitchen. I let out the breath I didn't realize I was holding.

At the corner of my eye, I noticed a small piece of paper lying on the coffee table. Suddenly, it flew off and landed on the ground. I picked it up. As I did that, I noticed it was a picture of a little boy who looked a lot like Marshall. I flipped it over. Something was written there.
"Marshall Lee, is it just you and me in the wreckage of the world? That must be so-" My loud reading was cut off by Marshall, who grabbed the paper protectively from me.
"DON'T READ THAT!" he practically screamed. I flinched at how much of a reaction that was.
"Um, s-sorry," I stuttered putting my head down. No one's yelled at me that loudly since my dad kicked me out... I pursed my lips and tried to keep myself from crying. My throat began to hurt so bad I had to let out a sob. I put my head lower, hoping my hair would cover my crying face. Why am I such a wimp? Suddenly, I felt a warm arm around my shoulders. Another hugged my waist and pulled me close. It took me a second to realize I was in Marshall's lap, crying like a freaking baby.
"I'm sorry," a voice whispered into my ear. I looked up to see Marshall, who was surprisingly crying too.
"That paper is just really personal..." he trailed off. I spent the next hour curled up in Marshall's lap with his loving arms cradling me and letting me cry into the crook of his neck.