Chapter Twenty-three

Chris POV

Laying on top of the rooftop at my parents house has always been my thinking spot, name me whatever you want but my mother will always be there for me when l need to make some decisions.
Her face flashed in my mind and it became a memory lane of all the times we have been together, the smiles the ways she laughs, justnhow easy she lightens the room she is in. Kayla how she's generally so sweet, adorable.

"What's the matter this time."

Hadn't even noticed my dad had climbed up, he noticed so,eyeing was wrong for the first time l must say or has he always seen and just wanted me to make decisions on my own so as to grow up. Could that be it.

"I think I messed up."

"You think." He asks skeptically

"I messed up." I let go of a sigh

"It's Kira isn't it." He smiles

"How did you even know."

"Ever since she's been part Or way before she even became part of it she was changing you and making you happy. Don't tell me you did something to mess this precious gem." He was ready to beat the hell out of me.

"No l didn't do something, maybe l did. I asked her to move in with me, as well as Kayla but she said she would love to-"l pause

"I sense a but." He groans

"It's there, she asked me if l am ready to play house with me, if l can play bad cop or good cop, if l can be able to let go of some habits."

"She also told you that will NFL draft you now that you have a girlfriend  with a baby. I will salute her that she wasn't selfish to make things better for herself alone." He states as he wore his listening face again.

"I don't know if I am ready to let go of NFL l mean it's all l have worked for ever since l was baby. Should l let it go now? And the other half of me is telling me 'you letting go rare gem, you won't be the only guy to see how precious and valuable she is. Cause they ain't nobody like her out there'.

He nods

"At the same time NFL doesn't last forever cause ain't now way in hell l will still play whilst l am fifty that's why l am doing business degree so that l tend to that after retiring from NFL but with Kira we can grow old together. I just don't know what to do with everything. I want her but am l ready to let go of NFL draft is the question l don't have the answer ready to." I comb my hair with my fingers looking up back to the star that shine brightly in the sky despite all they have endured.

"My advice to you will be, you know what you want deep down. Go for what you want, don't rush to make a bad decision that will haunt you for a  lifetime cause you won't be able to live with it. I won't tell you but you need to see it, and know not think."

He pats my shoulder as he descended to leave me to drown in my thoughts.

My life was back to the same old routine that l now found boring and not just it after considering it as the best routine before. Wake up, for for practice , play games with the crew, visit my parents here and there.
Something was missing and l knew it but the question was