Episode 3 - Chapter 1: Second Chances

October 11, 2023. Alternate world, 5. Our world, together.

It was a calm day as Laura made the bed from the night before. She just drove her sister, Angela to school and just made her way back.

There are so many people on the ground floor, she can hear them mumbling and talking to one another. Especially when their bedroom doors are open.

After making the bed, she went to the drawers and changed into a blue dress. She has a date today with one of the respective bachelors in the area. A young man named, Fernandez.

Some say he has a collection of cars inside his garage.

Yet it doesn't matter to Laura. She likes people not because of money but how he treats her and her family.

"/I think this is nice?/" Laura said, looking at herself in the mirror. She then put on her favorite flat shoes as she's tall enough to wear such thing. She wouldn't make her date get intimidated when she wears the high heels she prepared when she needs somebody give a talking to. Which is almost every now and then. Laura chuckled at the thought when she heard the familiar steps of her mother climbing upstairs.

"/Laura, did you do something wrong? (Y/n) is looking for you?/" Maria said entering their room.

"/I hope not, mama./" Laura went down in a hurry and saw (Y/n) looking at her intently.

(Y/n) lives with Sean at the coast house with his family. They were married about a couple of years now and they are happy ever since. The Diaz family transferred six years ago, and they were close friends ever since. Her mom treats them as an extended family.

"Yes?" Laura asked. "Did I do something?" She hoped her clumsiness can immediately forgiven for whatever she did.

"Let's talk about this at the back."

Laura nodded and greeted Sean, Daniel, and an unfamiliar girl they brought.

Laura guided them through the backdoor of the restaurant, a service area connected to the back alley.

"Laura, I have to confess something." (Y/n) held Laura's hand.

"What is it?"

"You have powers."

"Wow, straight to the point." Daniel said chuckling.

"Like, Daniel?" Laura asked. Daniel once saved her from tripping down the stairs.

"How did you-" (Y/n) took a quick glance to Daniel who was visibly smiling.

"What? We've been everywhere huddling criminals." Daniel grinned.

(Y/n) then turned back to Laura. "We need your help. I need you to take us to the storm."

Laura was confused on what (Y/n) just said. Storm? What storm?

"What?" the brown-haired girl called out. "Hey, I stopped the storm."

"Stopped?" Daniel turned asked.

"You have powers like me?" Daniel's eyes widened.

"What's yours?"

"Telekinesis."

Laura frowned, it was already shocking that Daniel has a power, now this new girl she just met has a power too.

The girl shook her head. "I can rewind time."

The woman's sentence made Laura's heart pound. Rewind time?! Can she rewind time back so I can save my father?!

"Oh, wow. It's the first time I met someone like me." Daniel said, shaking her hand.