Episode 5 - Chapter 3: The Last Choice

(Author's Note: Kindly play the music on repeat.)

It was ending. The wind changed direction as the waters ran down the beach. The waves crumbled as the water parted, going back from the Gulf of California to the seas.

Laura looked around as her connection from the timelines slowly disappears. The flickers stopped as (Y/n) let go of them and ran towards a group of Seans and Daniels. As if (y/n) knew someone from the Seans and Daniels that were vanishing altogether.

Laura then saw (y/n) and (his/her) group talking to an alternate version of Sean and Daniel. The Sean then went to give (him/her) a hug and kiss on the cheek, which made Laura bewildered. It was as if (y/n) just cheated to their timeline's Sean right in front of his face.

(Y/n) then noticed Laura watching and smiled at her before dragging the group with (him/her). "Laura, you wouldn't believe this. This is a younger version of my Sean. The split of my timeline... a timeline where I went back to my world leaving... him."

"Nice to meet you... I'm Laura." Laura smiled and shook the alternate Sean and Daniel's hand.

"So... are you sure about this?" Laura asked the Sean and Daniel.

"(Y/n) I won't have it the other way. I miss you so much. I love you, you know that. Daniel and I... we love you."

"I love you too, Sean."

"What's happening?" Laura asked confused.

"They want to merge with my husband and Daniel."

"But how will you make sure, that its your Sean and Daniel?"

"You just have to choose... their consciousness will be merged together... The split of the timeline will be together... all their memories. The people in that split will never know what hit them..." (Y/n) then turned to the alternate version of Laura of (his/her) world. "Could you please?"

"Of course."

Laura then watched her alternate version held Sean and Daniel's hand. They then turned transparent and vanished as their memories and consciousness merge with (Y/n)'s Sean and Daniel.

(His/Her) husband then gave (y/n) a warm embrace as well as their Daniel.

"God... I can feel the both of me, sweetie. Dying to be with you." Sean said giving (y/n) an embrace before letting go.

"You're exaggerating" (Y/n) chuckled. "It's just months isn't it?" (Y/n) asked, knowing that the Sean and Daniel that merged with them was a timeline where few months had just passed after crossing the border.

"It feels forever." Sean stated.

Soon the people on the beach that Laura had summoned from the other timelines diminished as from millions, it became thousands, soon, it was hundreds. Laura can feel the other timelines closing.

The group then realized they will be soon next as they went to Laura to decide their fate.

Laura gulped, in panic as their eyes locked on her, waiting for her decision.

"Guys... I don't want to do this." Laura stated. "I don't want to lose all of you. You're all my friends. I love all of you. I know these past few days were so fast... but it feels forever since we started this chaos."

Tristan painfully chuckled together with the group. They knew what Laura was feeling as they felt it too.

It was these days that they opened with each other, with all their feelings let loose which made them close altogether.

Laura was like a beacon of light to them. Someone who could always talk to, as well as the others. They grew close as a person and they will treasure it forever.