Episode 3 - Chapter 2: The Storm

October 11, 2013, Arcadia Bay

October 11, 2013, Arcadia Bay. Second Chances Timeline.

The storm loomed in front of Arcadia bay. Wind ruffled into the air as the heavy rain spun, destroying everything in their path.

Chloe and Max gaze through the incoming storm, sharing their last moment together.

"Max... it's time..." Chloe dreadfully said as her tears fell from her face.

"Chloe... I'm so, so sorry... I... I don't want to do this." Max's tears continued to fall as the rain fell upon them.

Chloe then embraced Max tightly. She knew Max had made her decision. "I know, Max. But we have to. We have to save everybody, okay? And you'll make those fuckers pay for what they did to Rachel. Being together this week... it was the best farewell gift I could have hoped for. You're my hero, Max."

Chloe and Max pressed their lips together. Every second felt like their whole world. Their warm touch felt forever as they shared their first and last kiss together.

Max finally let go as tears continue to merge with the rain on her face. Dreadfully, dying and living. She finally spoke. "Oh, Chloe... I'm gonna miss you so much.

Chloe embraced her best friend one last time. "I'll always love you... Now, get out of here, please! Do it before I freak. And Max Caulfield? Don't you forget about me..."

"Never." Max replied. She then pulled out the familiar photo of the blue butterfly. A photo she captured before Chloe was killed by Nathan Prescott. A photo that gave her the power to turn back time... and now, she will use it to save Arcadia Bay and sacrifice her best friend... Chloe.

Max's tears fell from her face and into the photo. She then began to concentrate when a sudden hit of pulse struck her mind.

"Ah!" Max dropped down on the ground. Her head began to hurt unable for her to focus.

"Max!" Chloe dropped down and went by her side.

"Give me that!" A young man wearing a black tank top grabbed the photo and rip it into two.

"Who the fuck are you?!" Chloe pushed the young man.

"I... I'm back..." Max turned around and hugged Chloe.

"Max! This asshole! He ripped the photo!" Chloe called out.

"Chloe! I miss you so much!" Max said giving her a warm embrace.

"Max! Aren't you listening to me?!"

"I am. I just chose not to." Max said. "He's my friend."

Thunder roared as the Storm was about to hit Arcadia Bay.

"Here they come." Sean said. He then appeared beside the lighthouse with (Y/n) and Laura.

"What the- who are you people?! Are you guys blind? There's a fucking storm!" Chloe called out.