Teddy's Confession

Past (1995)

Teddy woke up with a jolt, he looked around and found himself in his bedroom in Grimmauld Place, sleeping between Ron and Harry; since the others left for home, the boys had to move into the other room.

Teddy rolled out of bed groggily and headed downstairs, but was confronted again by Walburga's screaming portrait. But this time, she taunted him about Remus's condition as a werewolf and called him a good for nothing mutt.

"Don't you dare talk about my father that way! He may have a conditon but at least he's a much better person than you, horrible Blacks!" Teddy hissed at the portrait.

"BEGONE FROM THIS HOUSE YOU FILTHY BLOOD TRAITOR!!"

"Good morning Teddy!" someone greeted from the kitchen: it was Lily.

"Hi Lils," said Teddy quietly. "The others?"

"Still asleep. It's 4:30 in the morning, Grandpa and Grandma should be up by now," Lily grinned. "Would you like some tea?"

"Yeah, thanks." Teddy yawned.

After a few minutes, Lily came back on the table with a mug and kettle; and poured it cautiously. "Careful now, it's hot." said Lily.

"I know Lils, I'm 23-years old." Teddy reminded her.

"Merlin! Teddy, you're beginning to look like Remus." Lily said with surprise, as she noticed the deep circles under Teddy's eyes.

"Oh this?" he chuckled. "I couldn't sleep."

"You're probably missing Victoire, eh?" Lily teased.

"Of course I miss her, she's my fiancé. But that's not the reason." Teddy answered, his hair suddenly turning into a shade of darkish brown.

"Teddy. There's something wrong." said Lily, but now more serious. She never seen Teddy that upset like this before; his auror training four years ago had been a challenge, but he'd always be optimistic. There was something wrong.

"Please." she pleaded.

"I'm just, thinking of lots of stuff, that's all Lils." Teddy answered, looking defeated.

Lily's heart sank as she saw her godbrother's sad face. It was truly heartbreaking for her.

"I'll get Remus!" she whispered, trying to head upstairs.

"No, Lils!" said Teddy, grasping her arm quickly.

And at this, there was an awkard moment between Lily and Teddy, as the 13-year old girl had no idea to help him and tried to think what would Mrs. Weasley or Ginny would do in these kind of sitiuations.

"This is very awkward." said Teddy as he let out a hollow laugh.

Suddenly, there was an agonizing howl which sounded louder and louder, grew fainter and fainter after a few moments.

"Dad," Teddy said hoarsely.

"Sit, I'll make you some tea." Lily
"Whatever you say miss." Teddy chuckled.

Lily got up and filled the bronze kettle on the stove and was lauded with the Black Family crest. "They even got their own crest on the kettle." Lily laughed, allowing it to boil on the stove.

Teddy grabbed two mugs from the shelf, as he polished it with some tissues he said, "You know, it's a little foiled up, being stuck here in the past and seeing themselves everyday."

Lily's body froze, almost as rigid as a black board as she knew who he was referring to.

"Sorry Lily I didn't mean to offend you," Teddy continued speaking. "What I meant was, here I am in the past. There's everything I wish I could do, but at the same time, nothing I can. I just can't take it anymore, I wish I was never involved in this."