Amends

Past (1995)

"You reckon he needs to drink this now?" James asked, reaching for the Revive Potion.

"Well," said Teddy. "It's been half an hour now."

The others gave nods of agreement, but as James was about to pour the potion in a cup, Rose gave him a smack on his hand.

"What was that for Rose ?" James asked his younger sister, caressing his hand.
"I think we can do it later, he still might need some rest." she said sternly.

"You heard what Madam Pomfrey said," Teddy interjected. "He can take it now."

"Fine." she sighed.

Remus carefully raised Sirius's head as he let Sirius drink the potion. And with a jolt, Sirius's eyes flew open and he coughed.

"Sirius!" James exclaimed, throwing his arms around Sirius's, something he briefly thought he could never do again.

"What?" said Sirius absent-mindedly; trying to recall what happened. "I didn't go anywhere."

"Do you feel good?" Remus asked.

"Yeah. The last thing I remember was a spell hitting my chest." said Sirius.

"It was mine Sirius." said a weak voice.

Everybody turned around, and there near the door, Albus stood. He was clutching his left arm, his head was staring at the floor with an expression of guilt.

"Why you bloody git!" James hissed, attempting to fire a spell at his brother.

"Stop! That's enough!" Teddy told James, restraining him along with Scorpius.

Albus went closer to his brother and said. "Look James, I'm sorry. I really am. You were right, I was being selfish; I didn't think that the Wizarding World could be harmed if I warn Sirius about him about his death."

Teddy stepped forward. "Why didn't you tell us? Scorpius said that you told him to keep it all a secret. Why?" he questioned his godbrother.

"Because I thought that, if i saved Sirius, Fred, your mum and dad, things will be different," Albus confessed. "I mean, if Sirius survived, Dad could have been happier. George needs Fred, and you know 'til this day, he's still sobbing over his twin."

As Albus mentioned this, Mrs. Weasley and George once again embraced Fred, with muffled sobs echoing the room.

"And Remus and Tonks. I thought that Teddy would be more happy if they survived." Albus sniffed. Tonks's hair began to turn into a shade of dark brown, and seemed to sob.

"But Albus," said Teddy, his face was now assuring. "I am already happy."

"Huh?"

"Even if Mum and Dad died, I'm still grateful. Grateful to at least spend time with them, even just a few weeks before the Battle. I know that you know that it was hard for me to live without my parents. But I had you, James, Lily, Harry, and the Weasleys. You were my family."

Albus smiled at this, and gave his godbrother a tight hug. Teddy's hair then turned into shades of green, yellow, and finally returned to a familiar color of turqiouse blue. He then approached Sirius.

"Sirius, I'm sorry. I was planning to tell you, to not go the Ministry in June, to prevent Bellatrix from killing you. But you can't. Messing with time is a dangerous situation; I'm sorry." said Albus.

Sirius grinned and said. "It's alright Al," he gave Albus a tight hug. "And I solemnly swear that I won't change history."

Albus chuckled slightly at this; he approached James. His brother gave him a nasty look and his arms were crossed.
"James, I- I'm sorry. Would you ever forgive me?" Albus asked.

James scanned his brother's eyes.

"James," said Mrs. Weasley. "Albus said sorry."

James sighed. "I forgive you Al."

The two boys embraced, with muffled cries arising. "I forgive you too." said Lily, hugging her brothers.

Past (2021)

"Now!" Draco yelled.

Hermione screamed as she let go of the Portkey that she was holding with Draco. The old, shabby hat landed with a great thump on the newly-cut grass.

"I hate Porkeys," Hermione fussed, as she finally managed to stand on her bare feet and attempting to fix her hair. "Remind me to never use one again."

"Relax will you?" Draco chuckled, making sure that there was no stain on his traveling cloak. "They're alright once you get used to them."

"You know," said Hermione with a smile. "The castle never fails to amaze me. Ever since the day I stepped foot on the halls when we were starting our first year."

The two both looked at the towering structure that was nearly visible. Tipped turrets were jutting into the clear and blue skies; lovely tunes of birds sung through the trees as the Whomping Willow's large branches had began to dance and finally the Black Lake was bellowing as a flurry of wind blew across the water.

"Of course it seems different since  it got repaired, but it still feels like home." said Hermione. She walked through the familiar stone bridge, accompanied with Draco in a warmhearted silence.

"You know Hermione," said Draco. "It took me several months to have the courage to walk back on these grounds."

"Why is that?" Hemione questioned him.

"It held so much bad memories. And I carried all the guilt; I don't think I can do this." said Draco, trembling.

"I know what you mean," Hermione told him, burying her hands on her pockets. "The war really had that effect on everyone who fought here twenty three years ago."

Draco looked at Hermione, who gave him a sad smile.

"I can still feel Bellatrix torturing me in Malfoy Manor," Hermione continued. "I can still feel her knife piercing my flesh; the scar is still here."

She showed him the scar on her arm, the words 'Mudblood' still visible.
"Auntie Bella's really sadistic." Draco scoffed.

"I still have nightmares sometimes, always waking up in the middle of the night."

Hermione sighed; finally exhaling the flaky breath she had been holding for a few moments.

"Hermione, if I only I could change these things-"

"You couldn't have done anything Draco. It doesn't matter to me anymore."

Draco and Hermione took a stroll for a few minutes before she spoke again.

"It gets more easier now," she reassured him. "Little by little, the pain seems to fade away, and I just hope it'll vanish forever."

But as she delivered these words, Draco understood that Hermione wasn't discussing about flesh scars or wounds, but she was discussing about pain and guilt.

Finally, they were standing outside the doors of Britain's finest school of witchcraft and wizardy.

Hogwarts. At last.