Just Curious

Past (1995)

Albus was strolling around the hallway, before he heard James laughing from the kitchen.

"Oh my god!" he laughed. "I can't really believe Sirius can sneak all of these from muggle shops."

"James?"

"Yeah?" said James carelessly, his eyes still fixed reading the magazine in his hands.
"Whatcha up to?"

"Oh nothing."

Go on Al, ask him! Ask him, his conscience told him.

"Er, James?" Albus said tentatively.

"What is it now?" James asked.

"Do you think we came back here, for a reason? I mean, like, maybe we could save Sirius, Remus and Tonks."

"What makes you even think that?"

"Well obviously, Teddy misses his parents, they never got to see him grow up. And they'll never see him get married to Victoire and see their future grandkids," Albus replied. "This morning, I heard Lily and Teddy talking about Remus and Tonks. It really makes me want to save them."

"C'mon mate, you can't be serious." James told his younger brother.

"Well, you are, James Sirius Potter." Albus chuckled.

The two brothers laughed at this, as this running joke never got old.

"Albus, it's too dangerous. You know that we could screw things up in the future, and always remember that." said James, his voice was now serious, seeming to sound like Professor Mcgonagall and Albus knew that he couldn't be persuaded to do anything about it.

"Yeah I know that," said Albus. "It just came to my head and it's just an idea."

"Very good!" James exclaimed, his tone was now back to his normal and cheerful demeanor. "Sirius needs to see this!"

James then bolted out of the kitchen as fast as lightining holding one of the magazines in his hand.

Albus rolled his eyes as he scanned the magazines on the table. Really? Sirius was reading Muggle magazines, with girls on the beach wearing bikinis on the front cover. Of course, based from the stories Harry told them as children, Sirius would always put permanent sticking charms on pictures of muggle women in bikinis onto his wall and thought them as attractive.

But although he told James that he wasn't going to mess with time, Albus wasn't gonna give up. He wanted Teddy to experience a happy and perfect life with his parents, it would be a dream come true for Teddy, and for Victoire as well, she always wanted to meet her future-in-laws.

No, James, Albus thought to himself, Teddy needs his parents to be with him and I'm going to grant his wish,

"Oh, you're not doing such a thing." a voice sneered behind him.

Albus turned around, and it was none other than Draco himself.

"Oh, Mr. Malfoy, you scared me." said Albus, trembling with fear.

"Did I?" said Draco, chuckling. "But please, Mr. Malfoy is too upper class. Call me, Draco."

"Sure Mr. Mal — I mean, Draco." Albus corrected himself sheepishly.

"Albus, I understand that you want to save Sirius, Remus and Tonks for Teddy's sake. But it's too dangerous, history might be different if you do it; you tried to save Cedric last year, and look how it turned out."

"Delphi almost brought Voldemort back to life." said Albus.

"Exactly!"

"But hey! I didn't know Delphi was Voldemort's daughter."

"But that isn't the point Al. My point is just because you want to change something it doesn't mean you'd do it."

"Er, I guess so." Albus said sheepishly, but he wasn't going to be stopped just because Draco thought that it was a bad idea.

"Albus,"

"Yes?"

"I just want to ask something...about Scorpius."

Albus's eyes widened, and took a gulp. He knew that this was coming.

"Is there anything happening between Scorpius, and Rose? Like, dating? I always see them together nowadays."

Bloody hell, is it that obvious on the way they act, Albus told himself, should I tell him? Come on, I don't wanna let Scorp down, okay Al, play it cool

"Nope." Albus lied, he was almost succesful in letting out a smirk, but he couldn't as Draco scanned his eyes carefully.

"Good," said Draco, looking more flustered than usual. "Er, I mean great, no not great. I mean she's your cousin and he's your best friend and they're just good friends...."

"I'm just gonna go upstairs. Check on what Scorp is doing; see you Draco!"

Albus then left Draco in the kitchen, and the latter had an awkward expression in his face.

"Well, I think they're cute together." Draco muttered to himself.