9-Zayn finds out?

"Shit." I murmured, under my breath. 

"What happened?" Zayn repeated, looking at the broken pieces of glass. 

"Leave." I whispered to Anthony and he looked at me for a second before rushing out of the kitchen. 

Zayn watched Anthony leaving and when Anthony was out of the room, he rushed to me. 

"What the hell happened here?" Zayn demanded. 

"Nothing." I tried to smile,"Everything's alright." 

"What about this broken glass?" He asked, looking up at me. 

"Fell by mistake." I lied when his eyes fell on my injured leg which was bleeding. 

"Oh my god." Zayn gasped, kneeling down by my side,"I should go and get Liam." 

He stood up and turned around to leave but before he could do so, i grabbed his hands,"Please don't tell Liam." "But why?" Zayn frowned. 

"I don't want to ruin this night." I spoke softly. Zayn opened his mouth to fought back but i gave him my best puppy eyes which i knew nobody could resist. "Okay but look at you! You're bleeding." 

Then his eyes flickered up to my arms which had a red mark because Anthony had grabbed my arms with so much hurt that the force was visible. "Who the hell did that?! Anthony?" Zayn asked and i nodded. 

"Why?" Zayn asked, anger and concern visible in his eyes. "I said something very mean about his parents." I lied quickly. 

"But he shouldn't have hurt you." Zayn protested. 

"It's fine Zayn. It was my fault." 

"But-" Zayn started to protest but i cut him off,"Zayn, its my fault." 

"Okay." He sighed in defeat," But i need to find first-aid, otherwise it'll get worse." He pointed at my bleeding feet and i nodded. Zayn walked to a cupboard and rummaged through the things kept in it. When he found nothing, he turned to another drawer. "Aha found it." He grinned, holding it up and i forced a smile. He helped me to sit on the kitchen counter and then himself sat besides me. Softly, he put my feet on his lap and dabbed the cotton ball on the wound. I winced in pain and his eyes darted up to me," Sorry. "

"It's fine." I pressed a smile and he continued cleaning the wound. 

I took this time to look closely at Zayn, knowing the fact that how wrong it was but Man! He's beautiful; such long eyelashes, those silky black hair, all looked amazing. What's wrong with me? I wondered, cursing myself. 

Zayn tied a bandage around it and put the first-aid box back in the drawer. He took my hand and helped me to my feet but as soon as my feet touched the floor, i winced and fell on Zayn for support. 

"I'm okay." I said, limping a little,"Thank you, Zayn." 

"It's fine but should i tell Liam now?" 

"No No please." I shook my head,"Zayn please." 

"But why did Anthony leave you here all alone when he knew that you're hurt." Zayn frowned. I tried to think of an excuse,"Um.. I told him to go. He has guests to take care of." 

"Why the heck do you care about people so much?" Zayn frowned, chuckling a little. 

"Zayn?" I asked. 

"Yes? Any problem?" He asked quickly. 

"Can i have your jacket? I don't want Liam to see this red mark." I pleaded, looking down at the mark. 

"If you really want to hide it from Liam, then okay." He said, taking out his jacket and handing it to me. I quickly put the jacket on and two of us walked out to find everyone preparing the cake. 

"Evelyn?" Liam asked, when he saw me, limping, "What happened?!" 

"I injured myself. Broke the glass and it fell on my feet" I lied quickly. Zayn looked at me and nodded,"Don't worry. I helped her up. She's okay." 

"Why are you wearing that?" Niall asked, pointing at my jacket,"And is it Zayn's?" 

"Yeah it's mine. She was feeling cold so i thought it'll make her feel good." Zayn smiled and i nodded, nervously. 

"You look cute." I heard Lily and turned around to find her grinning at me. 

"Thank you." I chuckled,"You're back?" 

"Yeah. I'm not leaving the cake." She laughed. 

"Here. You can sit on the chair, while Anthony cuts the cake." Harry offered and i smiled at him, before muttering a thank you. The rest of the time passed so fast before i could even know. When we reached home, i didn't even bother to change my dress and fell asleep. 

°

The next morning, when i woke up, the house seemed very quiet. Usually it was filled with chattering and laughter. I limped downstairs, still in my dress and rubbed my eyes,"Mom?" 

"Yes, Evie?" Mom asked, cooking something in the kitchen. 

"Don't have work today?" I asked, limping up to her. 

"I took a day off. Liam told me about your wound and i thought you would need someone to help you today." She smiled,"I informed your school too." 

"But the boys are here. They can help me." I laughed a little. 

Mom flipped the pancakes and turned to me,"They left."