16-The fashion contest

​​​​​​​A/N: so i decided to add a one direction meme in every chapter. I don't know why lol. Hope you enjoy. 

The day of the fashion contest arrived and to say that I wasn't nervous would be very wrong. I was literally freaking out. I wanted someone to calm me but Mom and Dad told me that they can't make to the contest as they can't take a leave. Even Arianna didn't come to calm me down. That stupid girl is sitting in the audience and enjoying her life. Duh. 

I had thought of inviting Ruth, Nichola and Liam but knowing the fact that they would be busy, I didn't invite them and I was starting to regret that decision. I wish they were here to calm me down.

Standing backstage, I watched other girls and boys walking down the ramp with confidence readily visible on their faces.

"Evelyn, Congratulations to your brother." One of the teachers said when he was passing by me,"Their first album is just amazing."

"Thank you Sir." I smiled awkwardly and sighed when he walked away. It felt weird that people were congratulating me because Liam just released a new album with the rest of his mates. But I agree, it's perfect. Their voices are just so soothing and beautiful. The new album is record breaking. 

Checking my dress, I looked up to find Nick and Anthony walking towards me. I mentally groaned and tried to think of some way to slip out but before I could do so, they had already reached me. 

"Hey." Anthony smiled,"You look beautiful." 

"Yeah, you do." Nick winked. 

"Thank you." I smiled and fiddled with my fingers. 

"Don't worry, you'll be alright." Nick said, placing his hands on my shoulder and I smiled at him.
"Hey Anthony!" We heard one of his friends calling him. 

"I gotta go." He smiled and then sprinted away.
After he left, Nick turned to me and kept looking at me which was making me feel uncomfortable. 

"Nick?" I asked,"You alright?" 

"Uh yeah." He chuckled, scratching the back of his neck,"I was just lost in your beauty."
"Huh?" I frowned,"Really?" 

"Yeah." He laughed, smiling cheekily at me. 

"You're weird." I commented, laughing a little. 

"I am." He said, tucking the piece of hair behind my ear. 

I just wanted to disappear at that moment because i was embarrassed as hell. What the hell was he doing? Just then I heard my name being called out and i breathed in relief and muttered a bye before taking a deep breath and walking on the stage. 

​​​​​​​Zayn's pov:
"How are we going to make it, Liam?" Paul asked from the front seat. We were now on our way to Evelyn's school. 

"Cmon Paul, it's your job to figure it out." Liam answered and I chuckled. 

"Okay." Paul replied,"Take these." He handed us some sunglasses and caps.
After we reached her school, we wore the sunglasses and caps and jumped off.

"Let's go." Harry grinned but Paul stopped us. 

"Listen boys, don't do anything stupid, just go and sit wherever you get a place." He explained us like we were little kids,"And after you're done give me a call." 

"Sure." Louis replied and the five of us walked inside. 

"Won't it look weird if we wore glasses inside?" Niall chuckled. 

"Yeah it would but we can't take it off." I replied. 

"We will sit at different places so that people don't get suspicious." Liam advised and everyone nodded. 

Me and Liam sat at one place while Niall sat in front of us and Louis and Harry sat behind us. I smiled when Evelyn's name was called up and moments later, she walked out with her hands placed on her waist. The red fabric of her dress flowed behind her and her face wore a beautiful smile which never failed to put a smile on mine. "She looks beautiful." Harry commented from behind us and I nodded. 

She waved at everyone and we clapped and cheered for her.
Liam stood up and started clapping with a large grin on his face. Everybody turned to look at him and whispered something. 

"Calm down, mate." I laughed, pulling him back on his seat. Evelyn's eyes fell towards us and she looked at us for a few minutes. I removed the sunglasses and winked at her before putting the sunglasses on. 

Liam made a perfect sign with his hand and Evelyn smiled before walking backstage. The happiness on her face was priceless when she saw us. I knew that this will make her happy. 

"She killed it, man!" Louis chuckled. 

"She did!" Harry agreed. 

"Let's go meet her backstage." Liam advised,"I can't wait." 

"You go, we want to watch the rest of the show." Harry grinned, pointing at another girl.
Liam rolled his eyes and got up to leave when I stopped him,"I'll come with you."
He smiled and I got up, following him backstage.

We squeezed through the door and tried to find Evelyn but she was nowhere to be found. "Where did she go?" Liam muttered and I could feel him getting worried.

"Why don't we ask someone?" I suggested and Liam nodded.

"Hey, do you know where did Evelyn go?" Liam asked to one of the girls who was busy straightening her dress.

"Oh yeah." She smiled,"She went that way with Anthony." 

"Thank you." Liam smiled and we started walking to the direction the girl has pointed. We searched for her in every class on the way but still she was nowhere to be found.