29- Zayn finds out

Evelyn's pov:

The ring of my alarm woke me up from my peaceful sleep as I shut it down before standing up from the bed and stretched my hands. Wearing the slippers, I walked to the window and removed the curtains, enjoying the May weather. Few rain drops were falling on the window pane and dropped down. Nobody can say anything about London's weather. 

Smiling to myself, I went in the bathroom and did my daily routine. I walked out of my room, tying up my hair in a bun. Other days, I would see Doniya in the kitchen, cooking something delicious for us but today she wasn't there. She was at Bradford, spending few days of her holiday with her family. She wanted me to join her as my summer vacations had also started but I denied, wanting her to spend the good day with her family all on her own. 

Walking in the kitchen, I made myself some toast and set it on the dining table. The soft pitter patter of the rain filled my ears as I smiled, eating my toast. 

Done eating, I grabbed my phone from my room and dialled Doniya's number. Over the past few months, she had become a very important person of my life. I miss her presence, her friendly and motherly nature towards me. 

"Hey Evelyn." I heard her voice and smiled. 

"Hey Doniya." 

"Everything alright? You're calling me at 8 in the morning?" 

"Yeah everything's good." I nodded,"It's just that I miss you." 

"Aww Evelyn, don't make me burst into tears now." She chuckled softly,"I miss you more baby. And that is why I told you to tag along me with." 

"Yeah my bad." I sighed sadly. 

"Okay listen." She said and I hummed,"I will just call Zayn and tell him to visit you. Not that he hasn't done this before but yeah, you guys can have a good time." 

"No." I denied quickly,"I don't want him to get bothered for a silly reason. And in fact, we just met yesterday." 

"What!" She laughed,"Another date and you guys didn't even bother to tell me?" 

"It's not like that." I laughed. Sure, me and Zayn met a lot after our first date but it was nothing like a date. Or maybe it was, but I was happy that we were taking it slow. 

"Evelyn?" I heard her, getting back to the earth. 

"Huh?" I asked her, mentally cursing myself for zoning out. 

"Where are you? Thinking about Zayn?" She teased, laughing at the end. 

"Ugh." I groaned,"I shouldn't have called you in the first place." 

"Ouch, I'm hurt." She joked as I laughed. 

"You know, I just kind of feel lonely." I sighed,"The same emptiness I felt when Liam left me for the X-factor." 

"I totally understand." She said softly,"Don't worry, I'll just send Zayn." 

"But-" 

"Shut up Evelyn. Go get ready, bye." 

With that she hung the phone as I just stood still and then burst out laughing. "You're crazy Doniya." I muttered, shaking my head. 

Walking back in my room, I searched for an appropriate outfit to wear and finally decided on a light blue oversized hoodie and a knee length denim jeans. Satisfied with my look, I walked out and opened the window, taking in the sweet smell of rain. For the first time, I was genuinely happy, like really really happy. All my problems were slowly clearing out, making me step forward in my life. I gave Anthony hundred pounds when Ronald gave me my money for working with him and Anthony finally deleted the video. Just the thought that Anthony will never bother me again, gave me immense pleasure and happiness.