20-Midnight surprise

"Good night." I smiled at Ruth and Nicola who were on the either side of me. We were having some difficulty in sleeping on a single bed but we adjusted.

"Good night sister." Ruth said, switching off the lights.

I closed my eyes and the thoughts about what happened at Anthony's House clogged my head. I tried not to to think much about it but I failed miserably.

Shaking the negative thoughts away, I concentrated on the positive side; I'll be eighteen tomorrow. And at the end of the month is my graduation. I can finally be away from Anthony but sadly, I'll have to be away from Mom and Dad too. That was the worst part.

Tomorrow was a saturday which means a holiday from school. It would be perfect for my birthday.

I passed more minutes, just thinking about everything before finally, falling asleep.

​​​​​​​Zayn's pov :

"Zayn get the cake." Liam smiled and I nodded, pulling out the cake from the fridge.

I glanced up at the clock to find it was 11:55 pm. Just five minutes till Evelyn's birthday. We had decided to give her a small midnight birthday cake. We didn't want her to suspect something so we had sent Ruth and Nicola with her to sleep.

The five of us, stood behind her door and peeked inside the room. I messaged Mr. and Mrs. Payne to come along. Soon, we heard some footsteps and turned around to find them. 

"All done?" Mr. Payne asked and Harry nodded. 

"Ouch!" Niall cried and we shushed him.

"What the heck, Niall?" Louis groaned,"You'll wake her up."

"Liam stepped on my foot, you idiot." Niall glared.

"Oh sorry." Liam apologised before pulling out his phone and messaged Ruth and Nicola. We watched as the two of them quickly tiptoed and walked out of the room. I looked at my watch and found it was 11:58 pm. 

"Everything ready?" Nicola asked.

"Yes." I replied, showing her the cake.

"Perfect." Ruth smiled.

"We just wait for another two minutes." Harry commented and everyone nodded.
As soon as it was 12:00,we barged into her room and switched the lights on.
"Happy birthday to you.." We all started singing,"Happy birthday to you..."

Evelyn turned in her bed and when we didn't stop singing, she woke up while rubbing her eyes,"What the heck guys... WHAT ARE YOU ALL DOING HERE?!"

"Happy birthday Evelyn/Evie!" All of us yelled in unison.
"Oh my god." Evelyn gasped, looking at us,"This is crazy.... Thank you guys."

"Now its cake time." Niall announced and we all laughed as I set the cake on her study table. 

"Happy birthday honey." Karen smiled, hugging Evelyn and kissing her on the forehead.

"Happy birthday princess." Geoff wished, hugging her as well.

"Evelyn, come, cut the cake." I smiled, handing her the knife and she nodded.

We all sang happy birthday all the while she cut the cake. The happiness on her face was priceless. Her face glowed with joy and happiness, adding to her beauty. Even though, she just woke up from a deep sleep, still she didn't fail to look beautiful. It was her inner beauty which made her beautiful.

"Thank you guys." She grinned, hugging her siblings. She pulled out a piece of cake and one by one fed everyone.

"This is literally the best birthday ever." Evelyn giggled and the corner of her eyes crinkled.

"We head to sleep now, we need to get up early." Geoff said,"You guys enjoy."
"Thanks Dad." Evelyn smiled, hugging her father.

After Geoff and Karen went, Ruth turned to us,"Let's play something!"