Chapter 11

School was boring that day. Eleanor wasn't in so I didn't have anyone to talk to at lunch or in class. And Louis has been suspended until tomorrow so I couldn't hang around with him either. I decided to sit with his best friend Liam, but I didn't want to seem weak or lame so I strutted up to the table with confidence and say down opposite him. 'Hi Liam!' I said, trying to sound bubbly.

'Oh, you're that girl Louis is constantly on about. Bailey, right?' He asked. Louis talked about me! In school!

'Yeah, you're Liam, right?' I made it sound like a question when I already, quite clearly knew the answer.

'Yep, that's me,' He smiled 'So um why are you sat here?' He asked me, slightly confused.

'Oh yeh, You know Louis little sister Eleanor?' I asked him

'Oh yeh, what about her?' He said, eating sipping some soup from a cup.

'Well, she's my best friend and that's how me Louis met. Anyway her and Louis are both off today so I had no other option but to turn to you.' I sighed

'Louis can be an idiot sometimes. Getting in a fight like that over football, honestly that boy confuses me sometimes.' He said shaking his head.

'Football?' I said, confused

'Yeah, that's what it was about, wasn't it?' He asked me, he was looking me in the eye.

'Yeh, I think so.' I said acting like I didn't know the truth. Was he embarrassed by me? But he talked about me all the time. Like Liam said. That boy confuses me sometimes

~~~

After a long and boring day, school had finally finished. I was so exhausted and my bag didn't help by weighing me down. I assumed I was going to have to walk home, but then I heard a car horn beep. I wasn't surprised by this noise now because Louis constantly tries to scare me with it.

'Hey Bailey.' He said, getting out the car to greet me. He kissed my head and asked 'how are you baby girl?' I loved when he called me cute little nicknames, it made me feel special.

'She's good.' I said leaning into his chest. He was so warm and soft, like a pillow made just for me. I never realised how much I had missed him that day.

We cuddled for a while before jumping into the car to drive home. Louis asked me a couple questions about school like what I had for lunch or what lessons I had today. It was really sweet of him to ask all this, but I really needed to ask him something.

'Hey Lou?' I said quietly.

'Yeah.' He said turning his head to the side to look at me before quickly turning back to look at the road.

'Why did you not tell Liam the truth about what happened yesterday?' I stated, shaking.

'You were talking to Liam?' He asked

'Well, you and Eleanor were both off school so I sat by him at lunch.' I gabbled.

Louis nodded his head and sighed 'Well, to be honest with you. I don't know why I said it. I guess football was just a quicker excuse.' He blurted. He didn't sound like he was telling the truth.

'Are you scared that people will think I'm weak?' I asked.

Louis just stared at the road, not answering my question.

'Louis!' I shouted.

' Ok, ok. Yes, I am. Because all the other girls I've dated were popular and strong.' He looked sad, like he felt ashamed.

I felt the same sharp pain in my side as I had when we kissed in the kitchen. I just looked down at my scruffy trainers.

I think Louis could sense my sadness. 'Look Bailey, they weren't half as caring, loving, smart, funny and beautiful as you. That's why I love you and only you. Those girls I once dated were all just idiotic mistakes. You are the girl of my dreams and I couldn't think of anyone else I'd want to be with.' He smiled 'That was a pretty good speech , huh?' He laughed.

'Not too bad.' I laughed along. As much pain as I still felt, he had made me feel better about myself, all those things he called me. Smart, beautiful, funny. I wasn't any of those things but he seemed to think I was.

We were just pulling into the drive at Eleanors house when suddenly I blurted out 'I love you Louis.'I instantly regretted it, not because I didn't mean it, but because I had never said those words to him before. Louis continued parking the car before turning a mround and leaning in towards me. His lips touched mine and we kissed passionately. I felt so much joy when we were kissing, like nothing in the world mattered except me and Louis. We kissed for a long time louis moving closer and closer every minute.

After a while he pulled away, breathless. 'I love you too Bailey.' He said before getting out the car and unlocking the front door to the house.

Hey everyone!!

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I know enjoyed writing it!

I'd also like to let you know I've released the first chapter of the book I was talking about at the end of the previous chapter. I will still keep writing this one, however.

Leave your thoughts in the comments and please share and vote

Lots of Love

Grace xxx