Chapter 16

The windows were rolled down, the cold and frosty air blowing into the car. The music was playing quietly, but it was sad and dreary, just like how I was feeling at that moment. I was still sobbing after my panic attack, but at least I could see straight now. The world wasn't blurry anymore and colours were no longer merged together. I sat back and relaxed a little at the thought.

Louis was sat in the drivers seat, focusing on the road. He looked so precious sat there, like he had been made to be perfect. He reminded me of an angel, because he was so full of joy and protected me at all costs. Every feature made me smile because they were all so carefully made and perfect in every way.

I stared at him, all I wanted to do was kiss him until we were breathless. But I couldn't do that, not at this present moment anyway. Maybe when we got home.

Instead, I decided to stroke  my finger up and down his arm. He looked over at me and smiled, looking cute as always. I continued this sweet gesture until we arrived home. Finally I could kiss those lips.
Instead, I decided to stroke my finger up and down his arm. He looked over at me and smiled, looking cute as always. I continued this sweet gesture until we arrived home. Finally I could kiss those lips.
I looked out the window, only to see we were surrounded by trees, it was as if we were heading into a forest. There was at least a thousand trees, but they were just the ones in view

'Two minutes away.' Louis smiled, now messing around with the satnav on the dashboard.

I propped myself up and said 'From where?' I didn't know where we were going, I could clearly tell that we weren't anywhere near home.

It was funny that. How I have now started calling Louis house 'home.' I mean it had always been like my second home because I was always round there hanging out with Eleanor, but things were different now. I was practically living in that house, and rarely went home to my actual house. Probably because I would be lonely otherwise, seeing as my mum was always away at work in a country on the other side of the world.

I snapped out of my trance within an instant when I heard Louis soft and sweet voice begin to talk. 'I found this really cute lake that we could take a walk round, you know before it turns to winter.' He said, as he turned the car down another narrow road.

It was coming up to December now, the 28th of November was the date today. I actually loved the winter, it meant that you didn't have to go outside and turn red as a tomato in the sun. Instead, you could sit with a warm mug of hot chocolate in your hand and a fuzzy, soft blanket on your lap. You'd spent the night time snuggled up with everyone you love and watch movies (especially Christmas ones!) whilst guzzling down bowls of popcorn. It was my favourite time of year because everything was happy and peaceful.

I thought to myself how Christmas with Louis would be this year. We'd both have advent calendars, I'd have Dairy Milk and he'd have galaxy (his favourite). We'd both have matching pyjamas that were soft and fuzzy and even occasionally wear out onesies. We'd also watch Elf and the Nativuty and Home Alone.

And on the night of Christmas Eve we would settle down and kiss under the mistletoe. Twice! One for Christmas traditions and the other in honour of Louis birthday. Then we'd head to bed (like little children) excited for the morning and eager to open our presents.

After what felt like hours of glorious daydreaming, I felt the car abruptly stop. The car was worked on a gravel ground area, that was surrounded by many hills and trees. There were plenty of flowers around too but no lake?

'Where's the lake?' I asked him, as he closed the car door behind him.

'We have to go through the woods, it's right in the centre.' He said pulling his phone out from his back pocket. He opened Google maps and typed in, what I assumed to be, our destination.

We walked for a while through the dark but beautiful woodlands. We saw some small children running around happily. Brothers fighting each other with stick and girls making daisy crowns to become 'Fairy Queen.'

Louis swung his hand, which pulled mine up with it. It caught my attention so I looked at him, just what he wanted, but then, almost immediately he looked forward again.

'Bailey...' He paused.

'Yes?' I questioned. Patience was not a skill I was good at or even had for that matter so quite obviously I was very confused and curious about Louis was about to ask me. He seemed a little on edge or nervous, so I squeezed his hand, hoping it would ease his nerves.

'Do you ever want kids.' He sighed, I could feel the relief run through his body as he said those words, like he'd been wanting to ask them for a long time.

I'd never really thought about children, the thought of babies was cute, but I much prefer them when they are teens because they can do things for themselves, whereas little children want you to play tea parties with them and help put there dolls to bed. But I suppose, even I did that at some point.

'Yeah, maybe.' I said blissfully looking up at Louis, who was now squeezing my hand!

'I've always wanted a little tyke to run around and play footie with. We'd be best mates and always be outside getting scruffy. I want someone to joke around and laugh with, but me laugh at him instead of me being the funny one.' He laughed.

Whilst listening to Louis detailed description of his 'dream child.' I looked ahead only to spot a large, blue lake that stretched on for mikes and mikes. It was surrounded by a wide gravel path and hundreds, maybe even thousands of trees.

I looked over at Louis, just as he was finishing his story. He too, saw the gorgeous gleaming lake that was before us. I let go of Louis hand and ran towards it, feeling the breeze flow through my thin, wispy hair.

I could hear Louis panting behind me as I finally reached the Lake, I could finally see the full view and it was stunning!!!

Louis took my hand once again and started asking me questions that no one had ever asked me before, but they were questions I'd always wanted to be asked.

He asked things like 'What do you want to be when you finish at school?' In which I replied with 'An author.'

And ' If you could have any super power what would you have. In which I answered 'Flying!'

These were all simple yet random questions but I absolutely adored them because nobody had ever took the time to walk around with me and ask me things about myself.

I then decided to find more out about Louis. 'So, what do you want to be when you leave school?' I asked him

'Well, I'd love to be a singer, or some sort of musician.'

Then we came back to where we're had started, back where this weird but amazing conversation had started, we'd done a full circle of the lake.

Then, Louis came in front of me and leant in towards me. I felt his lips press against mine, passionate as always. In the corner of my eye, I could see the reflection of us both in the shiny blue water. I then wrapped my arms around his neck, as he had done to me and kissed him harder than ever, so much so that we started giggling and splurting.

'Bailey! That was going great until you laughed first!' He laughed, wiping his wet lips from the kissing.

'You were the one who laughed first!!' I laughed back.

We continued this funny yet interesting argument as we walked back through the shaded forests, hand in hand, back to the car.

Thankyou for 250 reads!!!

Stay safe x

Grace xxx