{Two}

The week went by relatively fast, and sooner than anticipated, Taehyung found himself standing at his cousin's doorstep, two bags of luggage at his feet

The week went by relatively fast, and sooner than anticipated, Taehyung found himself standing at his cousin's doorstep, two bags of luggage at his feet. He collected himself, bracing for the cheerful and hyper attitude of his cousin.

He pressed the bell, and before the noise could fade out into the small flat, the door was already yanked open by his cousin.

"Taehyungie! I missed you so much, sugarbun." The melodic voice crashed into his ears; he felt his hair being ruffled before being engulfed into a bone-crushing hug.

"Missed- you too- Jin-hyung," he brought out between shallow breaths; he thought his rib cage would cave in if the hug lasted any longer.

Luckily the alpha seemed to sense it and released him, patting him on the shoulder. "Come in."

Taehyung stepped inside, sighing at the pastel-colored walls beautifully contrasting with the white furniture.

At first, Seokjin had been reluctant to show his place to anyone; afraid others would tease him for the love of pastel colors and soft things. But Taehyung didn't mind, the soft pink hue of the walls calming him.

"It's almost mean Ggukie kicks you out every time Jimin has his heat. Doesn't he have his own place?" He questioned, lifting one of the two heavy bags.

"He does. I guess he just feels more comfortable at our apartment. Plus, I would've gone somewhere else for the week anyway; I don't really feel the need to hear my best friend and my little brother going at it," the brunette reasoned, his features pulling into a slightly disgusted expression because of the mental image.

"I hope someday you can kick him out and have your partner over" Seokjin grinned, making Taehyung sigh.

"Oh, did I hit a nerve? I'm sorry I didn't mean to!" Seokjin hastily added upon seeing the younger's frustrated expression.

"Don't worry about it, Jin-hyung. I'm used to the loneliness anyway," Taehyung replied and walked to the guest room with his bag in hand, missing Seokjin's sad and worried expression.

Eventually, Taehyung stood in the kitchen to help his cousin cook while listening to his rants about his boss.

"He is the worst! Always dropping a shitload of work on me after I just finished the ton of it he dumped on me the day before," he exclaimed, angrily stirring the soup.

"Talk to him," Taehyung simply said, precisely cutting the vegetables.

"Oh, you don't know Kim Namjoon, my dear," Seokjin grumbled, glaring at the delicious smelling pot.

"Maybe if I talk to him, he'll listen," Taehyung proposed, suddenly excited to maybe go to work with Seokjin.

"Are you crazy? He barely listens to his assistant, and she's an alpha female. I doubt he'd listen to you, no offense, sugarbun." He sighed, giving the food an apologizing look.