{Twenty-Three}

Taehyung slowly ascended the steps to their apartment, fingers already fumbling with the keys' cold metal, the clanking echoing through the whole stairway

He finally opened the door and got inside, closing it quietly behind him. Yoongi was still asleep, and he didn't want to wake him up. He knew the rapper fell asleep quite late, so he called a taxi and went home. He had also left a note for the older, plus he needed to get some work done.

After he hung his keys onto the key hanger, he heard rustling from the kitchen. He shuffled over, fixing his hair, which was all over the place from the humid weather.

He was surprised to see Jimin awake, on top of that topless, trying to get a pan out of the cupboard.

"... Jiminie?" Taehyung asked, careful not to scare the older. The latter flinched nevertheless, turning around surprised. "T-Tae? You're home already? We thought you'd stay at Yoongi's until six?"

Taehyung shook his head, "I still need to test out the new brownie recipe before I hand it over to Minhee."

"Oh..." Jimin said, nervously gnawing at his lower lip. Taehyung knew that something was wrong, but he couldn't figure out what it was. As his eyes traveled down, he saw the still relatively fresh mark—a bite mark on the junction of Jimin's neck and shoulder.

"You..." Taehyung trailed off, not yet comprehending what happened. The other stayed silent too, looking at the floor.

"When?" Taehyung whispered, frowning.

"Yesterday, after you left. I talked with Gguk and..." Jimin trailed off, feeling bad for not telling his best friend.

"You ended up talking with your bodies." Taehyung finished, voice monotone.

"Why are you acting so cold?? Shouldn't you be happy?" Jimin exclaimed, also getting frustrated.

Taehyung stayed silent, his lips pressed into a thin line. He then abruptly spun around and speed-walked towards his brother's room, yanking the door open.

"Kim Jeongguk!" he yelled, his face burning with anger. The younger flinched and groaned, trying to pull the blanket over his head, but Taehyung wasn't having it.

The older ripped the blanket away from the younger, his eyes spitting fire. Jeongguk's demeanor changed in a second, from annoyance to fear. Yes, he was an alpha, but Taehyung was damn scary when he was mad.

"What did you think marking Jimin just like that?!" he yelled, fuming. Jeongguk's brows furrowed, "We love each other; we would've done it anyway!" he defended, not getting what his brother was angry with.

"But have you ever thought about the fact that mom and dad are visiting tomorrow?!" Taehyung yelled, and then it dawned on Jeongguk. Fuck.

"S-Shit, I—"