{Twenty-Six}

The following morning, Taehyung woke up with twenty missed calls and Yoongi's head resting on his chest

The following morning, Taehyung woke up with twenty missed calls and Yoongi's head resting on his chest. He found himself unconsciously smiling at the image, Yoongi's pale skin glowing golden in the first rays the skyscrapers let through.

He looked to his right and enjoyed the silence, the noise of Seoul's busy streets muffled through the thick glass of the windows, creating a faint but comfortable buzzing in the background.

"I love you so much," he whispered, gently kissing Yoongi's hair. He let his head fall back against the pillows, absentmindedly tracing circles on Yoongi's bare back. The events of yesterday started trickling back into his consciousness, like dark clouds hiding the sun on the first warm day of spring.

He held the phone in his hand and scrolled through the many missed calls from Jungkook and Jimin, deciding to call the older. After only three rings, the familiar voice of his best friend flooded his ears.

"Why didn't you call back? Did you know how worried Kook and I were?" Jimin whisper-screamed, but Taehyung still had to hold the phone further away from his ear.

"Because I was sleeping. And I know," the omega sighed, "that I should've called you after we left."

Jimin just inhaled, "You did miss the saucy part, though."

"Saucy part?" Taehyung asked, his brows furrowing in confusion. But then he realized if he had read any of their messages, he might have known what's up.

He could hear Jimin shifting, his voice fading into the background, "Yeah, Koo and I told them. They weren't the happiest but still took it better than your news. They left, and your mum looked as if she was about to explode."

"Did they say when they'll visit again?" Taehyung asked, quietly trying to escape Yoongi's arms.

"No, but your dad has said that he'll talk to Jinae about it," Jimin responded, his voice now clear again. "Kook is really worried about you, so you better come back quick."

Taehyung bit his lip, his heart sunk at those words. He couldn't explain the sudden emotion. Before yesterday, he was never sad if he had to return to the shared flat. But now, it was as if his parents called him away from the playground back then, away from his little bubble of happiness.

"I don't know. I think the distance would be healthy for all of us," he voiced out, finally setting his bare feet on the cold hardwood floor.

"What do you mean by 'distance'?" Jimin asked, his voice filled with panic. Taehyung sighed again, "I mean that I'm thinking about staying at Yoongi's for a while. Not long, maybe a week or two. You and Kook have to get used to the new dynamic, and this way, I'm also closer to my mate, if my parents like it or not."

Jimin seemed to think about it because there was silence at the other end. Taehyung ventured into the bathroom, propping his phone up on the sink and grabbing a toothbrush. As he looked into the mirror, he realized he wasn't wearing his clothes from the day before, and he wore a nice looking green silk pajama.