{Seventeen}

The week went by agonizingly slow, though Yoongi did call Taehyung when he was free

The week went by agonizingly slow, though Yoongi did call Taehyung when he was free. The problem was, Taehyung also had work, so he wasn't necessarily on break when the older was. His mood changed to sour, lips almost staying in a constant pout.

He was decorating a cake, turning it around on the silver platter in front of him. He concentrated on the small dots' symmetry and size, so focused he didn't hear someone approaching him.

He just lifted the piping bag off the cake as someone tapped this shoulder. His soul almost left his body, and he let out a startled yelp, turning around slowly.

"I'm sorry for scaring you," a soft voice spoke up, and Taehyung found himself looking into Kangjun's caramel eyes. He slightly shook his head, taking deep breaths in an attempt to calm his racing heart, "It's okay."

Kangjun reciprocated the small reassuring smile Taehyung gave him, and only now he noticed how good looking the older was. His light brown hair almost covered his eyes, his bronze skin glowing in the faint light from outside. He was also taller than Taehyung, which made him wonder what his secondary gender was. But he was not a fan of assuming since he was a victim of that himself.

"Taehyung?" Kangjun's voice filtered through, his eyes nervously focusing back on the other. "Uh, yes? Sorry, I kind of have trouble sleeping" he smiled, sheepishly scratching the back of his neck.

The older's brows furrowed, forming a crease on his forehead. "Is everything alright? You're spacing out quite often since Monday."

Was he alright? He missed his alpha, was deprived of cuddles and affection, and on top of that, Jeongguk and Jimin were unintentionally shoving their relationship in his face yet again. He didn't want to admit it, afraid it sounded selfish, but he was jealous. They were always together, only ever apart for work or college. Yes, he did see Yoongi, but it was reduced to a maximum of three times per week. For the rest, FaceTime calls had to be sufficient enough, but something was missing.

The rapper's voice didn't sound as beautiful as it did when he was right next to him, and he missed seeing the other's gummy smile. It also didn't help that he was with Hoseok most of the time, meaning they could barely discuss how to progress. And he knew for a fact that Yoongi wouldn't ask him on another date in front of Hoseok. He was the type of person who did things like that privately.

He realized that he had spaced out yet again, an embarrassed blush settling on his cheeks and neck, slowly creeping down to his chest. "O-Oh sorry," he mumbled, at a loss for words. Kangjun looked genuinely worried, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Wait here; I'll talk to Minhee."

Before Taehyung could protest, the other already vanished into the back. He sighed and tiredly looked at his half-finished cake, then at the utensils scattered around it. He knew he needed to finish it, though he didn't have the motivation to do so. He pulled himself together and finished the decorations before hearing steps nearing again. This time, the apparent clacking of heels accompanied sneakers' dull noise, meaning Kangjun was back with Minhee by his side.