Target Acquired

(why am I so nervous to publish this...)

   Let's just be blunt about it-Hajime Hinata was starving. Having not eaten in such a long time, he was itching for something-no, someone to eat. He had yet to reach the point where he had gone feral but a couple more days and he would be there.

   Trying to bite back the intense pain in his gut, he continued to wipe down the counter of the coffee shop he worked at. It was a particularly slow time of the day; there were only a few stray customers around the shop.

   'Maybe I can eat one of them...'

   As far as he knew, he was the only ghoul who worked there; all of his co-workers were human. They were a close-knit group, the humans of the coffee shop of course. Hajime however, had no interest in anything like that. No, that was wrong; he was afraid that if he got close to them he would end up losing it and hurting one of them. He couldn't do that. As much as he hated to admit it, he had ending up developing a liking to his quirky fellow employees. 

   Now, Hajime normally had a place he could go to to get some meat so he didn't actually have to hurt anyone but they were shut down for a couple of days due to some personal issue he knew nothing about. He hated the thought of actually having to kill someone himself but let's face it, he's desperate.

   The only remaining inquiry was who and how.

   'I'll just find a way to get the next stranger that walks in here...'

   And, for the purposes of this story, the little bell above the door sang out gently as the door was pushed open. Hajime watched out of the corner of his eye as a white-haired bright-eyed boy steps through the door and makes his way towards the front corner. 

   Hajime considers him. 

   'Seems gullible. He works.'

   Hajime walks behind the cash register, offering him a polite smile. "Welcome, what can I get for you?"

   He watches hungrily as the white-haired boy studies the menu seriously, thinking. What would be the best way to capture him? A good way to lure him in.

   As the boy makes eye contact with Hajime, he decides. Perhaps he can ask him out for later this evening and attack him then.

   "Hello, sorry, I'd just like a chai latte, if it's not too much of an inconvenience." He says politely. Hajime smiles.

   "Not an inconvenience at all, it'd be my pleasure. Could I get a name for the order?" He replies.

   "Um, Nagito Komaeda?"

   Hajime messily writes his name on the cup, discreetly adding a little heart next to his name. He desperately hoped this angle would work on this 'Komaeda', he seemed gullible enough. 

   "Four seventy-nine." 

   Nagito dug into the pocket of his long olive-green jacket and pulled out a five-dollar bill. Hajime easily made the appropriate change and directed Nagito to the other end of the counter for when his drink would be ready. 

   Hajime turned and started making the boy's drink. 

   'It's been so long since I've ever flirted with anyone, what if I do it wrong? Maybe I should just be blunt and say what, hey, wanna go out tonight? Should I just do that...?'

   He sneaks a glance at the curious boy bouncing on the balls of his feet as he waited patiently for his drink. He's kind of cute, actually.

   Hajime puts the lid on his drink and brings it over to him. "Here, Komaeda." He says, holding it out to him. Komaeda takes it, his fingers briefly brushing against his.

   "Thank you, er..."

   "Hajime Hinata."

   "Hinata."  

   Nagito turns to walk away but before he can get away, Hajime calls after him. "Wait!"

   Komaeda turns with a curious look on his face. Hajime forces a blush.

   "Did you....I'm sorry I've never done this before, uh...did you, did you wanna go out tonight, or something?" He mutters, staring at the ground. Komaeda smiles brightly.

   "That's a wonderful idea! I'll give you my number so you can tell me where to meet you later~" He replies.

   '...and you just signed your death warrant.' Hajime thinks bitterly, holding his phone out to him. Nagito gingerly takes it in his thin hands to input his number.

   "Just a moment~"

   Hajime watches the cheery boy type his number in his cell; unknowing it would only be there until morning with Hajime's murderous plan. A part of him felt bad for doing this to such an innocent, cute boy but he didn't feel like he had many options. 

   "There we go. I'll see you this evening, Hinata~" Komaeda says finally, handing back his phone.

   "I get off work at six." Hajime replies.

================================================================================

   Hajime had two ideas to kill Nagito and they both involved at least one of them getting drunk. Option number one-Hajime pretends to get drunk and has Nagito chase after him in some alley where he'll then attack him. But, it's hard to pretend to be drunk; his body doesn't react well to alcohol making option number two the better choice. 

   Option number two-he gets Nagito super drunk, offers to help him home and attacks him then. Hajime had decided on option two, and had already asked Nagito to meet him at some pub. He looked at his watch as he shuffled his feet; waiting for Komaeda to show up. He was due any minute, in fact.

   'hurry up, I'm hungry...'

   "Hinata, I'm sorry I'm late!"

   Hajime turns at the sound of the smooth, chipper voice as the white-haired boy approaches him at a rapid pace. He comes skidding to a halt, nearly colliding with Hajime; forcing Hajime to grab his arms and steady him.

   "Ah, forgive me for that." Nagito pants, leaning over and trying to catch his breath.

   "It's not problem at all." Hajime is quick to assure him. Nagito soon stands up straight with a faint smile on his lips. 

   "Then, shall we go inside?"

================================================================================

   It turned out, Nagito wasn't the type to talk about himself, forcing Hinata to do most of the talking. Hajime was quite honest, talking about his likes and dislikes, interests and hobbies and so on. But it turned out, to Hajime's amusement that Komaeda was a lightweight when it came to drinking, getting drunk so easily Hajime couldn't believe his good luck.

   "I'm so tired....I should really be getting home." Komaeda slurred, trying to stand on his feet but falling over, being caught by Hajime's unnatural quick reflects. 

   "Hey, Komaeda, I think I should help you home..." He says hesitantly.

   "How...kind of you..." Komaeda mumbles, leaning into him. Wow, this was way easier than Hajime had originally planned for.

   After paying the bill, Hajime gently slings Komaeda's arm over his shoulder and helps him out of the restaurant.