Awkward Meeting And Contradictions

NAGITO POV

   "He lives in such a normal place." Saihara-san comments incredulously. I roll my eyes at him.

   "A lot of them don't live on the streets." I reply, knocking on the door. Saihara-san tightens his grip on his eggshell-white briefcase containing his quinque. 

   We hear footsteps on the other side of the door and it's slowly opened by a tense and anxious-looking Hinata. "Ahaha...hey Komaeda-san..." He chuckles nervously. I smile politely back at him.

   "Lovely to see you again, Hinata." I reply cheerfully. 

   His green eyes shift over to Saihara-san, who was looking quite uneasy himself. His eyes scan Saihara carefully, nervously eyeing his briefcase. The timid Saihara shys away from his gaze. Hinata stares at him for another moment before commenting;

   "You brought someone."

   "Um, yeah, yeah I did."

   His eyes travel back to me. "I didn't make enough tea."

   "Ah, it's okay, I don't need any!" Saihara squeaks. I poke his shoulder.

   "Why are you still on edge? Calm down." 

   "Hajime? Is that him?" A feminine voice calls softly. My jaw tightens. He has someone else here?! Maybe I was wrong, he's not trustable.

   "Who's that?" I question. 

   "She's just my friend. Why don't you come in and meet her, she's really kind." He answers. I cock an eyebrow. "Come inside and meet her!" He insists, opening the door wider and stepping aside.

   Shaking my head slightly, I step inside but Saihara stays frozen in the hallway. I turn around and shoot him a look. "Come on, Saihara!" I insist. He glares back at me.

   "Please come in." Hinata chimes in quietly. 

   Letting out a deep sigh, Saihara follows after me and Hinata shuts the door behind us. 

   "Chiaki!" He calls out. 

   "Coming." The feminine voice replies. 

   A peach-haired girl breezes into the room with a tray containing several mugs and a teapot. She takes in mine and Saihara's appearance. Hinata immediately flits to her side, staring at the floor. 

   The room is silent for a moment before I decide to speak up. "Um, I believe introductions are in order," I begin, "I'm Komaeda Nagito."

   "Nanami Chiaki." The female says with a small smile. Hinata sighs.

   "Hinata Hajime." He mutters. 

   "Saihara Shuichi."

   Hmmm. Everyone here is incredibly tense and nervous; afraid to make any first moves. Looks like I'm gonna have to take charge here.

   "Let's sit!" I suggest, gesturing to the couches.

   He has two small couches facing each other, with glass coffee table in between. Nanami-chan sets the tray down on the table before delicately seating herself on the couch; Hinata immediately plops down next to her.

   I casually go and sit directly across from him, gesturing Saihara to sit next to me, which he does rather slowly.

   "So," I begin, pouring myself a cup of tea, "what are your thoughts on my proposal, Hinata-kun?"

   Hinata looks over at Nanami, who squeezes his arm reassuringly. He glances back at me.

   "I don't think it's such a good idea...I'm sorry, Komaeda." He mumbles. My face falls.

   "What? Why?"

   Hinata stares at his lap. "Go on, Hajime!" Nanami encourages. He raises his head after a moment. 

   "Um, Komaeda,it's....it's just too risky for me. If you just want to kill me I'll be happy to fight you but I can't be in a building full of doves." He explains sincerely. I smirk.

 R E B U T T A L   S H O W D O W N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  "Ah, no that's wrong. Are you trying to fight me? I see. Now then Hinata-kun, will you battle against me?"  I tease.

   He tilts his head curiously, eyes wide. "Battle...?" He repeats. 

   "What are you up to, Komaeda-san?" Saihara mutters.

   "Shh," I reply before turning back to Hinata, "will you be able to break through my contradictions then?" 

   "What-What do you mean?!" He stammers. I lean forward, grinning.

   "Well, tell me all the reasons you're against the job and i'll cut through your words." I explain. He stares back at me, concerned. "Come now, hurry up!" I urge.

   "Well..," He begins, "do you really think a ghoul could work in a building full of investigators? It's suicide!"

   "Of course you can. The only ones who know are me and Saihara-san. You can trust us." I insist.

   "Except that I can't. I just met you yesterday and you're a dove." He refutes. 

   "But I trust you." I respond, blinking innocently. Ah, that seemed to make him falter. Nanami rubs his back.

   "Come on, Hajime." She murmurs.

   "Well what happens when they find out my true identity?"

   "They won't, you idiot. Just don't come to work hungry and don't eat there." I groan, starting to get annoyed. 

   "Okay, but I definitely can't work somewhere that targets and kills my kind."

   "We only hunt the bad kinds that cause trouble, not good ones like you and your friends. Our organization isn't like the others." Saihara chimes in. 

   Hinata frowns, frustrated. Ahaha, he must be mad I cut through all his arguments so far. He looks so cute when he's mad...

   "But what if I already have a job?"

   "...Do you?" I smile brightly, not bothering to wait for a response, "Ah, wonderful then. Is that all? Will you come work with me?" I wonder. Nanami and Hinata share a look; seeming to be having a conversation with their eyes. 

   "It might be worth a try..." He says hesitatingly. I beam.

   "Ah, wonderful! I'm so happy!" I exclaim, grabbing his hands. His face heats up as he tries to shake me off. 

   "But if I'm not comfortable, I'm leaving."

   "Of course!~"