Feral

(Am I updating too frequently....)

HAJIME POV

   Is that shouting in the hall? I don't care. As long as they don't come between me and my meal of course.

   The food underneath me is going limp. Fuck if I care. 

   Suddenly strong arms wrap around my chest and pull me off the body. I growl, thrashing and kicking, trying to free myself. Someone else grabs my legs and bounds them together while someone does the same with my arms. 

   "Let me go!," I hiss, "this is my food! You can get your own!" I hiss. Someone gently grabs the sides of my face but I'm too blind with rage and hunger to see straight. (or be straight.) 

   "Hey, Hajime, Hajime, listen to me. I know you don't care about his life right now but if you finish him off you'll regret it." A gentle voice coos.

   "Eek! H-Hold on, I-I'll treat you!" Someone squeaks in the background.

   "I don't care! I'll never care! Let me go, now!" I snarl. 

   "I'm going to knock him out." Someone calls. The person in front of me sighs in defeat.

   "Do as you must." They sigh.

   And then my world goes black.

   (One of these days one will try and kill the other again and I won't allow an interference...)

===============================================================================

   NAGITO POV

 What happened? How long was I asleep..? It's pretty bright out it's at least got to be noon. 

   My entire body feels heavy. And exhausted. I feel like I could easily fall back asleep. 

   I stare at the ceiling. Oh, I remember now. Hajime snapped.

   He came after me. I've never seen him that...desperate and insane before. It was only a matter of time, I suppose. 

   "H-H-How are you f-feeling?" Someone stammers out. I look over and meet the eyes of the purple-haired ghoul that I have to assume has been treating my wounds.

   "Good, thanks."

   "H-How is your n-new hand?"

   I furrow my brow. "What do you mean by 'new hand?' 

   She gestures to my arm. "I-It wasn't safe to be o-on you anymore, I-I had to remove it. I'm sorry for doing it without asking you!" She squeals.

   My eyes travel down to my arm and I marvel at the sight. A grey, mechanical hand/arm is now attached to me, extending all the way up to where my elbow used to be. I cautiously flex it, amazed at the sight.

   "This remarkable. You added this to me?!" I gasp.

   "Well y-yeah, but Souda-san was the-the one w-who actually made it on s-such short notice!" She explains quickly in a squeak. 

   "What admirable talent," I murmur before speaking up, "where is Hajime?"

   "H-Hinata-kun has been restrained and is being watched u-until he fully calms down! Y-You can see him soon! A-And don't worry, he's been fed! W-While you were unconscious some organized a mission to g-go into our old ward and get some food. O-Our supplies are fully stocked up." She tells me.

   I go to sit up but she pushes me back down. "Y-You need your rest, Komaeda-san!" She insists.

   "I just want to check on Hajime." I respond calmly. 

    "Y-You can see him l-later, okay? He's almost t-through his recovery stage! Y-You can see him this evening!" She stipulates. 

   "I'm worried about him!"

   "He's not feeling great at the moment! He feels incredibly horrible and guilty for what he did to you!"

   "I said from the beginning my arm belonged to him!"

   "Komaeda-san, you need your rest too. I promise if you stay put, you can s-see him tonight!

   I sit back, defeated. "Fine. But I'm going to need a bagel."

   "A bagel, eh? Let me guess, because of the fandom?"

   "Come on, Mikan, even you're breaking the fourth wall now?!"

   "Y-You're not supposed to know my name in this fanfiction yet!"

   "Ah, that's right. My apologies, purple-haired stranger."

================================================================================

   "Nanami?" I say, looking at the peach-haired girl hesitating in the doorway.

   "Just Chiaki is fine." She responds, starting to come closer.

   "Chiaki, then. Why are you here? Did you take time out of your day to visit little ol' me?" I question.

   "I just wanted to check on you. I heard Hajime got you pretty bad." She explains with a slight shiver. I glance at my new hand.

   "Not a big deal. How is he, by the way?" 

   "Way better. He feels really bad by the way. He wants to apoligize but he feels too guilty to come see you. I came to see if you would come to him instead?"

   I nod thoughtfully. "I've been waiting to see Hajime all day. Thank you, Chiaki," She helps me off the floor, "lead the way."