Getting Out

NAGITO POV
"Wait!" I call out. Hajime gives me a questioning look and I take a deep breath. "I just wanted to say to everyone angry about breaking the fourth wall, good. But fret not! For the despair of breaking the fourth wall shall bring about an even greater hope, perhaps? Maybe a happy ending..?" I muse before barking out a sharp laugh. "Ha, as if! This is HoneyBuddah707 we're talking about here and we all know from past experiences they don't give happy endings~ Hope you enjoy the rest of the story."

"Are you done?" Hajime asks. I nod.
"Yes let's go." I affirm
================================================================================

   SOME HECKING DOPE FANART THAT TOTALLY DIDN'T MAKE ME CRY BY KITTYCHATBUG ON INSTAGRAM!

HAJIME POV

"So what do we do now? I'd suggest taking the train but we'll be caught..." He muses quietly.

"Chiaki's bringing a car. She should be here..." I check my watch, "right about now. Let's go downstairs."

"I'm going to miss this place..." He sighs as we start heading towards the door.

"You can still turn back." I remind him. He shakes his head.

"Nope. I'm never leaving your side again~"

===============================================================================

I slide into the passenger's seat of Chiaki's car and Nagito sits in the back. Chiaki smiles at Nagito in the rearview mirror.

"I'm glad to see you here, Komaeda-kun." She says warmly. My partner smiles shyly.

"Happy to be here, Nanami."

The peach-haired girl looks over at me. "Shall we go?" She confirms. I nod once.

Chiaki punches the gas and the car lurches into motion. In the back Nagito's eyes are starting to droop. He must be tired, it was an awfully long day after all.

My stomach growls, sudden and loud and Chiaki snickers. "Did you eat today, Hajime?" She asks, eyes not leaving the road. I shrug sheepishly.

"I haven't had the chance to eat in a couple days actually. I'm absolutely famished. I already don't eat regularly as it is." I admit.

"Hajime, you need to eat regularly!" She scolds.

"I know I know, I'll find something to eat." I promise before turning around to check on Nagito. He stiffens.

"You mean me?" He questions, laughing nervously. My eyes widen.

"Oh, no! Ah, that probably looked bad, looking at you after saying I would find food. I didn't mean that! Sorry!" I explain quickly and he smiles.

"Ah. My other offer still stands, if you wish." He reminds me. I frown.

"What offer?"

He laughs lightly. "I said you could have my arm, remember?" He tells me. I turn back around with a small huff.

"I didn't think you were serious about that." I grumble, trying to tune out Nagito's bell-sounding laughter from the back seat.

================================================================================

We've been driving for a couple hours now, well out of our home ward. The meet-up spot must be further away than I thought. Mahiru has scouted out an abandoned office building where we'll all meet up, check for injuries, and decide what we'll do next.

Chiaki is humming softly to herself, she enjoys long drives and road trips. My guess is she's trying to ignore the situation at hand and just enjoy herself. Nagito has fallen asleep in the back, snoring lightly. He looks incredibly cute. I'm tempted to ask Chiaki to pull over so I can get in the back and cuddle.

This drive is taking forever! Can't we just initiate a time-skip so we can stop with all of this boring, unnecessary stuff!? You know what, I'm taking charge of this fanfic. Here we go.

================================================================================

"This is the place?" I ask, as the three of us stand in front of the designated building. Nagito's fingers are warmly interlaced in mine. I'm so incredibly glad he decided to come with us. He gave up everything for me! I'll never be able to repay him...

"According to my GPS." Chiaki responds.

"I know I'm just a guest here, but I feel this will do just fine." Nagito chimes in. Chiaki and I nod in agreement.

"Let's go in," I suggest, "everyone is probably waiting for us."

"Hopefully they have some food." Chiaki sighs. My stomach rumbles in agreement.

"Hopefully." I agree.

I open the door.

I'm sorry it was so boring but it seemed necessary so bear with me.