Protector of the Realm

The two kids looked at the strange old man with a look of confusion.

"How do you know our parents?" Star asked. "My parents died in a car accident."

"My parents were shot down like dogs in the street when I was just a baby." Harold chimed in.

The old man gave a small sigh. "Yes, they did die, but not in the way that you think." he looked at the kids who were looking at him with wide eyes. "This land is magical as you just witnesed with the floating islands and the monsters."

"Your point?" Star asked.

"Your parents were in an elite group of soldiers called the Guardians, and when the evil King Klawr took over the land he killed every one of them or put them in his dungeons. Unfortunately, your parents were the ones who were killed."

"I don't understand." Harold said. "Then how did we survive?"

"They did a ritual that would send you guys to other realms and it looked like you two were sent to the same one. Now follow me."

They followed the old man with heavy hearts and tears in their eyes. As they walked they saw a a single mountain in the distance. They followed the old man for what seemed like hours and arrived at the edge of the floating islands. The old man looked at the two kids and smiled, jumping high on the mountain's island. They followed and stopped at the base of the mountain.

"So who exactly are you?" Star asked.

"My name is Pacchi." The old man said. "And I was the general in the former King's army."

"You were a Guardian?" Harold asked.

"No, the former king of Moonlit Valley, King Stundin had a human army as well as the Guardians, like King Klawr with his human and Realmling army." he said. "Now follow me." He smiled.

He then said a phrase in an unknown language that they somehow understood and ran his palm along the ridges of the mountain's wall and a small passageway. Pacchi jumps down into the hole leaving the two kids wondering what to do next. They walk up to the secret passageway to see that it was a slide that lead somewhere under the mountain.

"Should we go?" Harold asked,

"Well we only live once." She replied with a smile as she jumped down.

Harold sighed heavily and jumped in the hole. The slide had a lot of twists and turns, and at some point they were going upside down, clinging to the wall as if the wall was magnetic and they were the magnets. Their fun ended when the slide stopped in a big, headquatery looking room. at the far side of the room was a large window that ran from the entire width of the room (2300ft) and the height of the room (500ft). They walk to the window and see the entire land.

"But the slide lead down, how did we get to the top?" Harold asked.

"That is the trick my friend. If the enemy should ever discover it, they would be lead down to the bottom of the island to fall for an eternity." he laughed. "I know I told you to follow me a million times, but follow me."

Star and Harold followed the man to the top of the mountain where the sun has gone to the other reverse with the moon, revealing with the stars in the dark evening sky. As they look out of the land they hear a strange but yet familiar sound. They look to see strange robot bike things approaching them. The robobikes land on the top of the mountain. Men wearing black suits, with daggers on straps on their chests and pants and black helmets stand in a row twenty yards in front of them holding taserized rifles.

The leader of the small platoon steps forward and takes off his helmet, revealing a scar that goes from his left ear and to the right side of his cheek.

"Pacchi, it's been a long time." he said.

"Yes it has Marco, the last time I saw you, you had just completed your training in Sundin's army," Pacchi said with a hint of disgust. "What brings you to this mountain in this time of night?"

"I was about to ask you the same question." Marco said skeptically looking at the two kids. "We heard news that the chosen ones are in Moonlit Valley and we're questioning everyone to see if they know anything."

"Well we don't," he replied. "So you can leave now."

Marco kicked Pacchi to the ground and held a dagger to his throat.

"You don't tell me what to do old man!" he yelled.

Star was about to do something when Harold stopped her.

"What? You got something to say bitch." Marco said angrily.

"Yes, do you have such a small dick that you have to hurt everyone around you!"

Marco's face was now filled with rage. He pulls out a long, silver sword and charged at her. Star took out her golden sword to defend herself. Marco stopped dead in his tracks. He looks at the gold sword, then at Star and Harold, and saw that he too had a gold sword. Marco then sheathed his sword and pulled out his rifle.

"Who knew killing the chosen ones would be so easy." He said with a devious smile on his face.

He was about to fire when he himself was shot. He falls to his knees and yells in pain. His screams of pain soon turned to laughter and he turned around. He looks at his men that looked like they never have moved.

"Now which one of you was the one who shot me?" he asked, no one answered. "Ok let out your hands."

Each one of them put their hands out and Marco unsheathed one of his daggers.

"What is he doing?" Harold whispered to Pacchi.

"His men are able to withstand pain from any blade."

Marco then took the dagger and made a small inscision on their hand. He reached the second to last member of his platoon and was about to slice his hand when the soldier took his dagger and sliced his face. He then grabbed the soldier by the neck and removed the helmet revealing it to be a girl with long blonde hair.

"Ah, Lucy." Marco said as he looked over at Pacchi. "Killing the chosen ones and the granddaughter of the person I hate most in one day? How magnificent is that."

He then reached for his dagger when Harold's eyes lit up again and he punched the air causing a swirling wind to knock the soldiers off the mounntain while yelling in the unknown language of Moonlit Valley. Star, Lucy and Pacchi stood there in shock. The soldiers managed to get on their robobikes and were racing back to the mountain when Pacchi snapped back to reality and said a weird chant, clapped his hands and the mountain then disappeared and reappeared on the other side of the realm...far away from Marco. Star, Pacchi and Lucy went inside the mountain when Harold stayed outside.

The three watched him with curious eyes through the huge window. Harold stood at the edge of the mountain top and looked up at the sky. As he peered at the stars, one among the thousands soared through the sky and landed in his palm. The star sent a warm feeling through his body. He threw the star back in the air. He walked back to the mountain to find the three looking at him.

"What?" he asked.

"You-" he started. "You-"

"I'm what?" He asked eagerly.

"You...are the protector of the realm." Pacchi said with tears swelling up in his eyes. "You were meant to save Moonlit Valley with Star yes, but the only person to wield the power you have is thought to only exist in legend."

"But you used magic to get us here." Star said.

"That is true, but us Moonlit Vallians only have the power to bend the elements and to transport here and there, but to have a star fall from the sky into your hands was only heard of in an old legend."