Entering the Rebellion

"They love each other grandfather." Lucy said as she looked at them through the window.

"It is a surprise to me too," he said as he was preparing for the morning. "But they, like their parents would love each other greatly."

The two Guardians walk back to the mountain headquarters.

"You two." Pacchi said. "Get some sleep, we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow."

The two obeyed and they went to their assigned chambers to get some sleep. Pacchi sat by his granddaughter and joined her at looking out the window and at the stars.

"I can't wrap my head around it grandfather." Lucy said breaking the silence.

"What my dear?"

"That in the human realm," She started, "That the stars are just balls of gas in an infinie void of nothingness, but here, the stars are living beings who come down once in a lifetime and pick the one who they think is the one that can save the land."

"And who would've thought they would've chosen a kid who hasn't fought a day in his life right before our eyes." He said with Harold unknown to them listening at his door.

"You don't have faith in him grandfather?" Lucy asked curiously.

"I put all my faith into him. I know, just like his father before him...he would fight to his death if it meant saving Moonlit Valley."

The two Vallians went to sleep like their protectors. The next morning everyone was woken up by Pacchi.

"Pacchi why did you wake us up so early?" Star asked.

"Yeah grandfather why?"

"Because we have to leave now if we want to make it to the rebel base in three days time."

"Can't you just do that transporting mountan thing you did?" Harold asked.

"Klawr's men now know the mountain is involved with us now. If we take the mountain with us, and they see it and come to it. We're screwed."

They all sighed in annoyance and got up and packed what they needed for the trip. Once they were out there the sun shined down on their faces. The warmness of the sun made the beginning of their trip nice and easy, but as they progressed into the afternoon the sun became far hotter and made jumping and walking to each island unbearable. They made camp for the night and started a small campfire in the woods of a forested island.

"We should tell stories to past the time." Lucy said. "You start Harold."

"Ok..there was this guy who's wife died and he wanted to kill himself, but he remembered something his wife said that made him go on. This man was a man who would go on patrol and shoot down wolves that posed a threat on the people working on site. He was hired to go defend this place somewhere in Alaska but something went wrong and the plane crashed only leaving few survivors. He and a bunch of guys try to find civilized land but get either get picked off by wolves or die from the natural elements."

"What happens?" Lucy asked,

Harold shot a look over at Star that was showing an amused smile because she knew that the story he was telling was a movie.

"Well, eventually the man who shoots the wolves for a living is the last man standing and he stumbles into the wolves den. He then then tapes a knife to one hand and little bottles on the other, he breaks the bottles and recites a poem his father wrote before fighting the alpha wolf."

"Does he live?" Pacchi asked,

"No one knows." Harold said.

"Do you know the poem?" Star asked sarcastically.

"Yes I do, here it goes, Once more into the frey, into the last good fight I'll ever know, live and die on this day, live and die on this day."

"My turn." Lucy said. "A long time ago an evil king comes and conquers the land of Moonlit Valley. He storms in with his brutal army made up of humans and Realmlings. A war then ensued and the old King Stundin didn't surrender bt instead fought until there was nothing left. King Klawr conquers the land of Moonlit Valley and kills most of Stundin's human army and all of the Guardians, or he has some captured in his dungeons where they're being tortured. But after thousands of years of waiting the chosen ones, one being the protector of the realm arrive to save Moonlit Valley."

The two kids smile at Lucy and Pacchi and went to sleep. The rest of the trip went by in a blur and they arrived at the edge of the realm, on the line where day and night meet, where on one side it's day time and on the other is night...both happening the same time. They see and hear the rebels training in the distance. They walk another hour and were greeted by the captain of the rebel army Sandor.

"Sandor!" Lucy asked as she ran and hugged the captain.

"So I'm guessing you know each other." Harold laughed.

"Yes," He said proudly. "She is my wife. I haven't seen her in over a hundred years because of her being undercover in Klawr's army."

"Sandor, these are the chosen ones, and Harold over here is the protetcor of the realm."

Sandor immediately bowed because he knows of the legend and told them he witnessed a star come out of the sky and onto their mountain in the distance.

Star whistled in amazement. "Sorry that I blew your cover." Star said. "I just saw your grandfather in trouble and wanted to help."

"No worries my friend." She said reassuringly. "Klawr has his soldiers in spots where he wanted them, and although I couldn't learn any information on his castle I do know some of his army's battle techniques."

Pacchi lead the group to the base's headquarters when Sandor stopped Harold. The young Guardian looked at the rebel captain, young chizled face (looked young despite being 500 years old), with a massive muscular body.

"Listen Guardian, you might be the chosen one, of the last guardians and the protetcor of the realm, but here on my camp I am the one in charge. You do what I say and do it without queston."

"Understood." Harold said.

Sandor smiled. "Ok, now that I got the tough guy act out of the way let me show you around."

They both laughed. Sandor showed Harold all of the camp, to the training ground that was on an island the size of Giants Stadium, to the sleeping quarters and mess hall on another island and the headquarters on a small island that laid exactly on the line between night and day. They met up with Pacchi and the others at the headquarters and talked strategy.