Chapter 22- The tavern

Kuang POV
Morning rolled around and I stretched and jumped out of bed.
I love school, for one reason, I get to see my best friend Gwen. We've been friends since I can remember.
"Sooo why's my ninja so happy this morning?", My mum asked as she leaned in the doorway. Her hair was in a braid and she was waring a black dress. Her misty eyes exactly the same as mine.
"Nothing! Has dad gone to work already?"
Mum nodded and puffed up my curly hair with her hands.
"Kick ass at school, I didn't teach you all that stuff for nothing." I kiss her cheek and start walking to school.
We used to live in the castle but monkey turned it into the school.
He and the kings all live on the top floor, it's out of bounds but I'm allowed in there after school if I want to. But me and Gwen usually hang out at our spot.
We live in a two bedroom house and it's nice compared to some house in Jade city. That's where we live. I go to Jade school. Master monkey is the master and he teaches us loads of combat skills. I'm pretty sure he uses it as an excuse to show of to people.
Not that I mind seeing him do back flips and stuff.
Jack sometimes visits, he can't stay to long because he lives in the western mountains and he can't make a cloud appear, his powers are more cerebral than physical.
Jacks like an older bro to me, so is Kaedo when he visits.
I make it to school and wave to Gwen who's sat on a bench her nose stuck in a book. Cute.
She's more like her mum, her brother usually play fights and gets into trouble. There both like there parents whilst I'm more like a balance of mine.
I smiled and sat down next to her.
I'm her only friend. Not that I mind, I'm sure she prefers only one friend but I feel a bit bad. I have at least four other good friends other than her. She's my best friend but I don't understand why she doesn't try and make new friends. Maybe she doesn't want to. Her little bro on the other hand has two main friends, a human and a demon, and he's practically friends with everyone in the school. He's quite popular and it sometimes goes to the 9 year olds head.
I'm freinds with two demons and a human. There's only around 17 humans in the entire school, 60 demons and 80 gods.
But in school everyone is referred to as a Makod, no matter the powers or type of species. I'd be called a Makod even though I'm a god. And I think it's fair.
"Hey Ku' sorta got really into this book.", She said rubbed the back of her neck.
I giggled and smiled.
"No problem, don't worry, the adventures of monkey is a good one, written by your mum aswell.", I said and she stared at the cover and smiled.
"I know, it's cool reading about my mums adventures with dad, like the bit when they pretended to be humans and mum said they hated the monkey king.. Hilarious. Sorry I'm ranting."
I shook my head and chuckled.
"It's fine I like it when you ramble on.", I admitted and she smiled.
"Oh schools about to start."
I may not have admitted this yet but Gwen is the most prettiest girl in the entire school. She has the most precious brown eyes and cute nose. I wanna just hold her in my arms forever. But alas I am only 12 and I wanna wait till I'm atleast 13 to start dating. Then again I've waited since my birthday anyway..
"Got it Cutie."
She hates when I call her this.
She gasped and poked my nose.
"You know I hate it Ku'", she smirked, like her dad, I smiled back.
"Exactly why I call you it.", I smirked and leaned down at her.
I'm taller than her.
She pushed me back and smirked walking of.
I followed her and sighed a happy sigh.

Bullying doesn't happen in school, there's a 0 tolerance, monkey sees one bit of bullying and the Makod is gone.
But outside of school..
I've had to defend myself from older kids.
And today it was Gaxins turn to fend them of.
As soon as we saw him round house the bully we decided he could deal with it. Before Gwen was running across the city to stop them.
"See? He's fine."
She sighed and smiled.
"Yeah He is But-"
She was stopped by someone's boot hitting her in the stomach.
"Who threw that?!", I snapped and the bully's turned around and squealed.
"Crap, older kids.", The little nightmare said.
"Yeah, who threw the shoe?"
They all cowered and ran of.
Gwen laughed and snorted.
"They crapped there pants Ku'"
I chuckled.