1: Hallucinations

Harry hadn't been feeling very well the past couple days. He had a hard time keeping his eyes open, was prone to random bursts of dizziness, couldn't stomach much at mealtimes, and a few times he blacked out for a moment, or went completely deaf for a few seconds. 

He'd gone to see Madam Pomfrey. She couldn't explain what was happening. 

With a sinking feeling in Harry's gut, his thoughts drifted off. He figured it must be an after-effect of dying. Or from having the horcrux destroyed.

"What did Pomfrey say?" Ron asked when Harry returned to the dorm.

"She doesn't know." Harry replied, carefully sitting down on the couch so as not to provoke another dizzy spell.

"Did she have any ideas?" Hermione asked.

"Dunno." Harry said. "Told me to come back in the morning."

"Maybe you should go to Mungo's." Hermione suggested, frowning.

"If I did, I'd get in the papers again." Harry sighed. "I'd rather wait and see if Madam Pomfrey can help. She probably just needs a little more... Something. Time, symptoms, whatever."

"You look like death, Potter." Draco said, sitting in a chair across from the couch.

"Thanks, Malfoy." Harry said, "I was going for a ghost look this morning."

"A little paler and you'd have nailed it." Draco replied.

"You're one to talk about pale." Harry retorted.

Draco rolled his eyes. "May I ask what's wrong?"

"Harry's sick." Ron said.

"I had no idea." Draco deadpanned.

"We don't know what's causing it. Madam Pomfrey couldn't tell either." Hermione said. "I was just telling Harry he should go to Mungo's."

"St. Mungo's? It's really that bad?" Draco frowned.

Hermione listed off his 'symptoms'. Harry looked away, wishing he was somewhere else.

"Blimey, Mione." Ron said. "You make it sound like he's dying."

"He might be." Hermione replied.

"I think Granger's right." Draco said with a frown, concern in his eyes. 

"You do?" Harry frowned. "Fine. If Pomfrey hasn't figured it out before lunch tomorrow, I'll go."

~~~

After he'd gone to bed that night, he'd lost track of time entirely. He was hot, he was cold, he was awake, he was not. 

In the few moments where he could register anything beyond his own body, he thought he saw Sirius above him. Concern was evident on his godfather's face as the man set a cool washcloth against Harry's forehead. Sirius reappeared a few times. Once, it almost looked like Remus was standing next to him.

It made more sense when he saw Molly Weasley. Not that he had much wherewithal to think at all. 

~~~

It took several minutes for Harry to realize he was awake. When he did, it was with mild surprise. He pushed the covers back, and sat up. He felt mostly alright. A little weary, but that was normal after illness. He found his glasses on the bedside table.

He was in Grimmauld place. But his room looked different. Was it even his room? He didn't think so. Why wouldn't they have let him stay in his own room?