POPE

"Hey" Pope sits next to me and I somehow manage to smile even if I feel like crying on the inside.

"Do you need anything?" I ask as I take the cigarette out of my mouth and quickly step on it. I know how Pope feels about doing drugs and smoking.

"JJ told me..." His voice trails off and tears start to prick in my eyes but I blink them away. Of course JJ told him.

"Okay. So you know, why do we have to talk about it when you don't even feel the same way?" I like him, and he likes Kiara but Kiara like JJ and JJ likes me. What a chain.

"Y/N look I- I don't want our friendship to get ruined because of this." Welp that hurt.

"It wasn't going to get ruined Pope. You could've just not come here and talk about it. I've acted like I didn't like you for months and I can keep doing it." He looks away from me and out to the marsh. I on the other hand look at his faintly drawn jawline, his beautiful eyes, his thin lips...gosh I like him a lot but everything is just so complicated.

"I need you to know that I don't want to hurt you. I like Kiara Y/N and you know that."

"Yes I know. And it doesn't hurt me. It makes me happy knowing that you love someone that makes you utterly happy even if you two aren't dating yet, don't give up, soon she'll fall for the great guy I fell for." I stand up and walk away, I can't speak to him like it actually doesn't bother me when it clearly makes me feel upset. A+ for lying.

"Maybe JJ will want me" I whisper as my blonde friend runs up to me. He smiles and rubs the back of his neck.

"I swear I didn't mean to tell him! It slipped out of my mouth! I am so sorry!" I giggle and nod. His eyes narrow confused which makes me laugh harder, something I do instead of crying.

"Don't worry JJ, it's okay."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. Now take my hand and let's go smoke."