04. restricted section

CHAPTER FOUR

   THAT NIGHT, AS SHE WAITED FOR the last student to exit the library, Malia Avery did her best to remain hidden behind the bookshelves

   THAT NIGHT, AS SHE WAITED FOR the last student to exit the library, Malia Avery did her best to remain hidden behind the bookshelves. Once all the students had left, she then waited for Filch to do his last rounds. Once he finished and walked out the large double doors, the girl then revealed herself from the shadows.

     "Lumos," she whispered, lighting up the tip of her wand.

    The girl moved through the library quickly, making sure not to make any noise or sudden movements. It was extremely important, especially at this time, that she didn't get caught. If she was unlucky enough to do so, the task would be delayed and her plan would've failed.

     When she made it to the locked door of the Restricted Section, Malia looked around for a moment to make sure nobody was watching. After she made sure coast was clear, she unlocked the door as quietly and as quickly as possible and slipped right into the other side.

Many of the books inside the Restricted Section just sat, untouched, unread, unappreciated. It was completely barbaric how the students weren't allowed to even get a taste of the information reveled in these books.

As she ran her fingers across the dusted bindings of the books, Malia searched for one topic in particular. She then turned down one of the aisles labeled Curses. Immediately, her eyes fixated on a few books.

     "Perfect." The girl beamed, taking the books and placing them inside her bag.

     Without another word, the girl quietly snuck out of the library with no trace that she was ever there.

     As the door of the dungeon opens, Malia Avery quietly enters back to the Slytherin common room. Waiting for her, Draco Malfoy sits on the couch and stares aimlessly at the fire. The blonde was too caught up in his own thoughts that he hadn't noticed her enter.

     Smirking, the girl breaks the silence, "Alright, say it with me, thank you, Malia."

    "God, you almost gave me a bloody heart attack." Draco spat, breathing heavily as he watched the girl walk over and take the empty seat next to him.

     Malia chuckled, "Close, but that's not what I asked you to say."

     Rolling his eyes, Draco Malfoy half smiled and replied, "Thank you, Malia."

     "That's better. I'm glad you're here, because I think I got just what we needed." The girl spoke, pulling out the books from her bag that she had taken. "I must say, I think my quest for the Cursed books went perfectly."

     Examining the books in front of him, Draco hummed, "Good job, Malia."

     "Appreciate it." Malia replied, sighing and laying back on the couch. "How's it going with the Vanishing Cabinet?"