12. incendio

CHAPTER TWELVE

     WHEN MALIA AND DRACO ENTERED MALFOY MANOR, everything was stiffly quiet

     WHEN MALIA AND DRACO ENTERED MALFOY MANOR, everything was stiffly quiet. The door before them had opened on its own, revealing a dimly lit hallway that was decorated with a large black carpet. Draco Malfoy seemed to know exactly where to go as Malia Avery trailed close after him, heading straight down the large hallway. As the two advanced towards the drawing room, a low hum of voices began to grow clearer.

Malia took a deep breath before she entered the room, noticing a few guests crowded about the area. The young girl spotted her mother instantly, standing at her fathers side, both of them talking to some unfamiliar wizards gathered in front of them. Most likely other Death Eaters. However, she did recognize Fenrir Greyback, not an official Death Eater, but the leader of a werewolf pack that allied themselves with Lord Voldemort.

Lorena Avery, Malia's mother, made a happy sound when she met her daughters gaze, hurrying towards the girl and wrapping her in a comforting embrace.

"Welcome home," Her mother said gently, although Malia could sense there was tension in her voice.

"It's good to see you..." Malia answered, waiting a moment before pulling away from her mothers grasp.

Where Malia's mother smiled and acknowledged her daughters presence with a comforting hug, her father's greeting was a silent nod and a quiet hello. He then turned back and continued his previous conversation with the other men.

"Don't mind your father." Lorena whispered, her eyes falling on her husband. "He just needs to catch up on some things."

"Rena!" Bellatrix Lestrange called, a devilish grin plastered upon her face as she moved over to the mother and daughter. "Is that who I think it is?"

Malia forced a smile, "Hello, Bellatrix."

"My, my, aren't you just a pretty little thing." Bellatrix continued, eyeing the girl up and down. "Powerful, too. No wonder the Dark Lord trusted you to do the job."

"Come again?"

"The job, silly." Bellatrix continued, laughing lightly. "By the way, how is that cabinet coming along? Fixed it yet?"

"Oh, right..." Malia answered, forcing out a laugh. "Yes, we're getting close."

"Goodie" Bellatrix smiled evilly. "It's just a matter of time before there is another person for me to kill. Just wait until I get my hands on that Potter boy-"

Before she could say anything else, Bellatrix was interrupted by Malia's mother.

"Bell, you know we were given strict orders to not kill the boy just yet." Lorena Avery cut in. "We just have the orders to capture him."

Bellatrix shrugged, a smile reappearing on her face, "Well...nobody said we can't torture him first."

As minutes of the conversation passed, Malia Avery felt guilt begin to fester inside her stomach. Something was very wrong about this.