𝟬𝟯. the first meeting

❛ i remember when we swapped names !
act one . . . chapter three

     𝐒o far, she liked Charms the most

     𝐒o far, she liked Charms the most. The teachers, however, well, not all of them were as nice as Professor Flitwick. The new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher was someone she had seen before. Scarred face, and mangy light hair, but what stood out the most was his eyes; one was small, dark, and beady, while the other was large, round as a coin, and a vivid electric blue that was moving ceaselessly in different directions. 

     Mad-Eye Moody had been introduced last night at the feast, but she barely said a word about him to her housemates who were ever so excited about the new Professor.

     Other than that, she had met an intriguing ghost named Peeves the Poltergeist; a little man in a bell-covered hat and orange bow tie with a wide, malicious grin on his face. He tried to drop a large, green water-filled balloon on her head, but to no avail. He wanted to do it to her because she wasn't there at the entrance hall yesterday night (she kind of has a bad habit of walking faster than the others).

     Besides, she sensed him before he could even drop the water balloon on her. He might be a ghost but Azumi had the sharp senses of a cat.

     Her tired eyes looked down at the paper in her hand, skimming her finger over the Monday column of her schedule. Care of Magical Creatures with the Gryffindors, Double Divination... Azumi paused and narrowed her eyes at the piece of parchment, imagining it burning under her stare. She was very precise when she told them to double her Potions instead.

     She hated Divination with passion. She never liked prophecies, hunches, or any case of prediction.

     "Oh, Zuzu, you are doomed." Adrian suddenly appeared beside her, running his fingers through his dark brown hair as he grinned at the sight of her class schedule. "Trelawney's a nightmare. She's kind of... mad."

     Azumi ignored his choice of words and the new nickname he just called her. She looked back at her schedule and then back at the guy.

     "What'd you have?" She asked despite knowing he was older than her and they obviously didn't have the same classes. She just wanted him to stop talking about the unnecessary things she didn't find interesting.

     Adrian was nice. He wasn't like Cassius or Graham or the other Slytherins. But he does tend to talk a lot sometimes. Well, most of the time, with her, especially when he feels excited. He was like a kid in the body of a seventeen-year-old boy. But Azumi didn't mind because he kept her mind occupied with other things.

     "You know, same as before." The former Slytherin chaser clicked his tongue before fetching out a crumpled piece of paper from his robes' pockets, causing her left eye to twitch in disdain. "Merlin! I just remembered I have to take the N.E.W.T. exam next year, and I'm nowhere ready for that. I know there's still a year but... bloody hell."