𝟭𝟵. heart of gold

❛ my life's been survival of the fittest !
act one . . . chapter nineteen

     𝐓he mood in the castle as they entered June became excited and tense again

     𝐓he mood in the castle as they entered June became excited and tense again. Everyone was looking forward to the third task, which would take place a week before the end of the term. However, it wasn't the same for Azumi; her skin itched for a change, and her throat felt enclosed and dried up even though she drank water all the time. Her head was going to blow up, she couldn't handle it any longer, but she still tried.

     She still tried to bury the monster inside of her. Not now. Azumi told herself. There was too much going on around her, and everybody seemed to be everywhere she went. It's not an ideal place.

     But somewhere in the back mind, her instincts kept telling her that was about to go wrong, very wrong.

     On the morning of the third task, Azumi was at the Great Hall for breakfast at her designated table, surrounded by noisy Slytherins, and utensils clanking around. She sat between Cassius and Adrian, both looked equally as interested in the third task, which was the maze that suddenly appeared in the Quidditch Pitch.

     Out of nowhere, she suddenly heard Draco Malfoy shouting at someone across the Great Hall. "Hey, Potter! Potter! How's your head? You feeling alright? Sure you're not going to go berserk on us?"

     If she didn't know—she would've thought Draco simply liked the boy, and it was his only way to get his attention. But of course, the kid's too stuck up to care about someone's non-Pureblood ass. She glanced at the blond ferret, he was holding a copy of the Daily Prophet too, and most of the Slytherins up and down their table were sniggering, twisting in their seats to see Harry's reaction.

     She didn't know what it was about, and she didn't bother to know. Because trust me, sometimes you just have to chill out and ignore everything around you. May I repeat, sometimes, not all the time.

     "Mate, that boy's a freak, I'm telling you." Cassius chortled, but Adrian and Azumi didn't find it the least amusing, causing him to pout at them.

     "Did I ask?" She retorted, stabbing a lettuce on her plate with her fork.

     The older boy subtly gulped at her actions, and immediately shook his head. "Yeah, uh, keep on eating that... nice, looking, green, leaf."

     She didn't look at him as she hummed under her breath, but it made her a bit amused. She even heard Adrian struggle to keep his laughter inside. The look on Warrington's face was priceless. After all, he swore Azumi was imagining he was the lettuce on her plate and she was stabbing him with the pointy ends of the fork repeatedly.

     Lunch passed by so fast, and the last thing she knew, it was the evening, and they were all back in the Great Hall for the feast. This time, she was seated close to Adrian, as usual, but with a certain blond on her other side with a good distance between them. Draco barely paid attention to her, unless it had something to do with the food on the long table. She wouldn't say they were friends, but they were civil enough not to claw at each other's face.