𝟬𝟱. under the skin

❛ might smile but it ain't that funny !
act one . . . chapter five

     "𝐌inistry malcontent

     "𝐌inistry malcontent. And your new Defence Against the Dark Arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of story, goodbye, the end. Any questions?" Of course, no one had the guts to question the Auror, who reminded her a lot of her Aunt Yukio, her overly pissed-off aunt. "When it comes to the Dark Arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?"

     The three unforgivable curses. Azumi had a lot of knowledge about that stuff. Not because of the teachings in Mahoutokoro, but because of her late grandmother. Kurai Inosue was a woman of intellect. She liked to think Azumi was just like her, and that she would follow in her footsteps. But no. Azumi did the complete opposite. She would never do anything close to what Kurai had done in the past.

     "It will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban. Correct. Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against, you need to be prepared," He exclaimed and faced the blackboard once more, but despite having his back on them, he had noticed someone in the back of the class doing something he did not like. "You need to find somewhere else to put your chewing gum other than the underside of your desk Mr Finnigan!"

     "Aw, no way, the old codger can see out the back of his head," Seamus scoffed in disbelief.

     Because of his words, Professor Moody abruptly turned around and blindly threw the chalk at them in anger, with no specific direction, causing all the students to duck down under their tables. Azumi shared an amused look with Dean on her left side, who was sitting in the middle row beside Neville Longbottom.

     "So, which curse shall we see first?" He asked, his eyes flickering everywhere before landing on a redhead Gryffindor with tons of freckles on his face. "WEASLEY!"

     Ron flinched at his voice and reluctantly stood up from his chair. "Yes..."

     "Give us a curse."

     "Well, my dad did tell me about one... the Imperious Curse."

     "Ah yes, your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why."

     Despite her lack of reaction, Azumi watched with intent as Professor Moody took out the spider in the jar before sending it around the class using his wand. The class was unsettled, even when he told them that the insect was harmless. Much to their disappointment, he added in a joking tone that if it bites, it would be lethal enough. As if that would make them feel any better.

     Draco laughed, which urged the Auror to drop the spider onto his face, causing the boy to tremble in fear, his eyes wide in fright. He looked like he was about to piss his pants. Azumi's lips even quirked into a tiny amused smile. However, the laughter in the classroom quickly dissipated when he began controlling the spider to do cruel things like; jump out of the window and drown itself━kill itself.