𝟭𝟯. the yule ball

❛ what a sight for sore eyes !
act one . . . chapter thirteen

     𝐈t was before the Yule Ball started, and Azumi was seated in front of her roommate's vanity table with an oval mirror in front of her

     𝐈t was before the Yule Ball started, and Azumi was seated in front of her roommate's vanity table with an oval mirror in front of her. For the first time, her roommates were being very civil with her. Tracy Davis stood behind her, pulling her hair behind her as she placed it in a braid despite her protests. She wanted it down for a reason. Thankfully though, she got to cast a harmless charm that could hide the faint scars on her body for a while. She wanted nobody to see those, especially Dean Thomas.

     Daphne Greengrass was scrambling around their shared room, wearing her light-green-colored dress that reached below her knee. Staying loyal to their House color. Their other roommate was nowhere to be found as she didn't want to hang around any longer inside the stuffy dorm since she felt too excited about the ball and her date.

     "For the third time—stop moving!" Tracy snapped, pulling on her hair harshly as she finally secured the last braid and let her poor hair go.

     Azumi grumbled under her breath and trudged towards her bed where her dress lay. She sent an owl to her mother and the next day, she found a huge box with a red ribbon on her bed. As much as she disliked her mother's vile words mostly aimed towards her, she couldn't lie that the nude-colored robes Suki Tomlinson bought were magnificent. Strangely, she liked it.

     Sighing, she changed into the fancy dress, the clothing hugged her figure closely, which made her slightly self-conscious, but she quickly shook it off and put on her heels. She walked towards the mirror and grimaced at the sight of herself. I look so different. Azumi thought, judging herself from head to toe.

     "Stop admiring yourself, and get outside, Takeda," Daphne called out as she peeked inside their room. "A Gryffindor boy is asking for you. He's waiting out the door."

     "What?" Azumi blinked in surprise, almost getting whiplash from how fast she turned her head towards her. "I mean, yeah, I'll be there."

     "A Gryffindor, huh?" Daphne raised an eyebrow at her before leaving. She rolled her eyes at the descending tone of her voice, and then grabbed a lipstick on the table, rubbing it on her lips before exiting the room.

     For the first time in her life, she felt nervous for a silly reason. Is it normal to feel nervous about seeing your own date? She wasn't used to this, but she was glad that it was Dean who asked her. Cassius even tried to ask her right after she entered their common room yesterday. Head held up high, and nose up in the air, he was confident about himself. She could still remember how irritated he was when he found out Dean was going to be her date for the ball.

     Thankfully, Adrian was there to shut him up and dragged him away from her, adverting his attention to another girl in the common room. The sixth-year was going with an adorable Hufflepuff whose in the same year as him. It was a little bit surprising, and Cassius was outraged that Adrian had chosen someone outside their house, or in his exact words: Out of all the four Houses in this castle, and you chose someone from Hufflepuff? How conceited.