𝟬𝟮. a sudden squall

❛ cruel in the name of being honest !
act two . . . chapter two

     𝐓he peacefulness was nice until it lasted

     A sudden blow of the cold breeze brushed against the back of her neck, sending shivers down her spine, the feeling made her feel slightly alarmed. But when Azumi heard something faint drop behind her—the hairs on her arms stood up as familiar darkness crept around her. She abruptly turned around, only to come face to face with the end of someone else's wand; a Death Eater, his silver mask staring back down at her before hastily uttering an offensive spell and throwing it at her.

     Azumi quickly hurled herself to the ground, feeling the slightly damped grassland touch her skin, briefly knocking the breath out of her lungs. It took her seconds to register in her mind what was happening. The unknown Death Eater sent another spell at her, a green light emitting from his wand, and she briskly rolled over to her side, successfully avoiding the harmful spell.

     She fumbled for her own wand, grabbing it inside her coat's pocket, and then raised it at the level of his head. Without any hesitation, she flicked her wrist, the Expulso spell being uttered in silence, hitting the Death Eater square in the chest. Then she quickly made a beeline towards the backdoor of her mansion, diving inside, stumbling, and running to find her mother, stepfather, and their daughter.

     "Okaasan!" Azumi yelled, constantly glancing back to see if the Death Eater was following her, but what she saw fueled her frustration. There were three more of them who apparated outside their backyard.

     "What... Why in the world are you yelling?" Suki demanded, stopping by the fancy staircase as she looked down at her frantic daughter. Lewis, her husband stopped behind her, a confused look on his face, holding a glass of red wine in his hand.

     "You have to leave." Azumi shook her head furiously, and she clenched her fists nervously, waiting for her response, but the sound of glass breaking cut them off. "Now!"

     The mother's eyes widened in fright, immediately scrambled to her feet, grabbed her muggle husband's arm, and dragged him upstairs. Suki didn't need an answer. She was practically used to other people breaking into their house just so they could get her special daughter. It happened last time, and they had to flee a whole country, leaving everything behind, the precious memories, and all of their property.

     Azumi looked back at the stairs, and there was a slight twinge in her heart when she realized Suki didn't even look back once and asked if she would come. However, she immediately erased those thoughts and the pain of being neglected by her own mother and turned her attention back to the Death Eaters. Her mother may not treat her like she was her daughter most of the time, but Suki was still her mother, and she would do anything to protect her, even if it meant getting hurt.