𝟮𝟮. the parting glass

❛ now i'm here and they look surprised !
act one . . . chapter twenty-two

     𝐓he first thing she felt was the cold hard ground, her body slamming against it, causing the air to be knocked out of her lungs for a single moment

     𝐓he first thing she felt was the cold hard ground, her body slamming against it, causing the air to be knocked out of her lungs for a single moment. Her ears were ringing, vomit was building up inside her throat as she tried to sit up, her hands grabbing a fistful of grass underneath her. It felt like her soul just left her but that would be quite impossible (unless there was a Dementor which isn't the case though).

     Harry was beside her, still sprawled out on the grass, unmoving as he clutched the cup and Cedric's wrist. He was frozen, but she really couldn't blame him.

     Then suddenly, she heard voices everywhere, footsteps, screams. But the two remained on the ground, unable to find the strength to move on. Well not until, familiar faces appeared in front of them, Dumbledore hovered above the two, his forehead crinkling in worry, but she never really knew what goes on inside the old wizard's mind.

     She tried to block out their words after the crowd of students and teachers realized a certain Hufflepuff was dead. She couldn't breathe. Holding onto her chest, gripping her shirt tightly she swore her fists would break. Painful tears spilled from her bloodshot eyes, but no words escaped her mouth. As if she was pricked with a needle, a syringe filled with anesthesia, lulling her into sleep, but instead, she only remained paralyzed but still awake.

     She could hear everything, she could see every movement, she could feel them shaking her shoulders but she could only stare at the darkening sky.

     "Zu!" Her eyes snapped towards the owner of the voice, lips quivering at the sight of her best friend.

     "Adrian," Azumi cried, releasing her tight hold on her shirt and reaching out for him, the latter immediately taking her hand, comfortingly squeezing it.

     Adrian looked completely worried at the sight of the younger girl. Her hair was matted with mud and tears, and everything about her looked badly battered as if she had been into war. A terrible one.

     "I'm here, I'm here," He whispered, pulling her into his chest, ignoring the orders of the teachers around him to let her go.

     "Mister—she needs to go to the Hospital Wing."

     "We must take her there, right now."

     "Merlin... she is badly wounded!"

     "No," Azumi croaked, seeing Mad-Eye Moody take Harry. Grabbing a fistful of his shirt, she struggled to stand up. "Harry. Don't let him go."

     "But—"

     "Professor... Professor Dumbledore!" Despite his protests, Azumi unlatched his arms around her, stumbling forward, only for the wise wizard to catch her. She breathed, grabbing his robes, her eyes wide in fright as if she had just seen something extremely horrible. "You have to—you have to find Harry."