𝟬𝟲. mixed signals

❛ all i've ever done is hide !
act one . . . chapter six

     𝐀zumi had not attended the second Divination class yesterday

     𝐀zumi had not attended the second Divination class yesterday. In fact, she made it a priority to change her double class right after dinner. It wasn't that hard since she has a way with words, and besides Professor Snape looked bothered by her nagging presence so he just granted her what she wanted. She was pretty delighted about it she even forgot about what happened with Trelawney and Moody.

     If she had to pick from the three of them━Trelawney, Moody, and Snape━she would've probably picked Snape. Not because she was biased, but because Severus Snape simply did not care about her. Well, I guess, in a way he does, since she was a student and she was in Slytherin. But at least he doesn't pay her any attention unless she has to answer a question in class.

     She disliked the Auror even more when he told them he would be practicing the Imperius curse on them. Like what kind of crap is that? She became so furious that she declined his lesson right in front of his face as fast as she could spit it out. He even had the guts to tell her that he would use it on her if she didn't get inside.

     Well, guess what she did? The complete opposite.

     The scowl on his face grew deeper and their rising voice made the other students gather around them. Azumi turned her back on them, about to leave the classroom when she felt tingles run down her spine. Then she heard a series of gasps. Out of instinct, she grabbed the closest person around her and hid behind them, causing the students to gasp shockingly once more.

     "Sorry," Azumi muttered, releasing the Slytherin when Moody lowered his hand. His natural eye twitched in annoyance, with his tongue flicking over his lips, making him look like a madman. She looked the Auror dead in the eyes. "You said it yourself if we don't wanna be here━Off we go."

     That was the first time Dean had ever seen anyone argue back with the teacher about what they were teaching. He doesn't exactly agree with Moody's teaching methods, but he also didn't want to be the center of attention. He'd always been so... conscious of himself. He wasn't sure everyone would be too happy seeing a muggle-born hogging all the attention. 

     However, Azumi didn't seem to care, about anything really, and despite the brave façade she put on, he noticed her hands trembling, clenching, and unclenching every second, almost seemingly scared.

     Transfiguration was normal. Professor McGonagall was chill and she liked that about her. The last two teachers she encountered just tipped her wavering patience off the edge. At least she didn't talk about her or mess with her. 

     She and Hermione were the only ones who had managed to turn the hedgehog into a pincushion. It wasn't that hard for the two geniuses. Unlike Dean whose pincushion still curls up in fright when someone approaches it with a pin. Azumi had offered to teach him and he agreed in delight.