𝟮𝟭. the death eaters

❛ just say to hell with all my plans !
act one . . . chapter twenty-one

 chapter twenty-one

     𝐃arkness. The surroundings, the feeling, the mind, it was all clouded with darkness. She watched with blurry vision as the cloaked men and women, faces covered with terrifying silver masks, bowed down after the Dark Lord who had risen once more. Though one couldn't see their expressions, they were shaking from obvious fear. One that the Dark Lord loved the most; wizards—muggles fear of him. He thrives from it, he is addicted to it like a strong shot of heroin.

     Azumi lay unmoving on the ground, exhausted from the pain and the torture, her body gave up on her despite how much she tried to fight through the curse. Her wand was nowhere to be seen, she was too weak to move a limb. It has taken a toll on her.

     Yet somehow, she was more worried for the Gryffindor boy being held by a grave, facing Voldemort himself with terrified eyes.

     Slightly lifting her head from the ground, she tried to look at Harry, only to find him already looking at her with a helpless look on his face. She merely shook her head, warning him not to do anything stupid and wait for a chance. They couldn't possibly take on the Dark Lord unless... Unless what they had been saying about Harry was true.

     But for now, they've got to be careful.

     "Yes," Voldemort said, a grin curling upon his lipless mouth, his circle eyes flickering between the girl on the ground and the boy tied around the headstone. "Harry Potter... and Azumi Takeda has kindly joined us for my rebirthing party. One might go so far as to call them my guest of honor."

     There was silence. But Azumi was seething on the inside, wanting to break free and tell him he'll never succeed, but she also knew it would be too stupid. Her anger was getting the best of her, and it was not best to act on it. Lucius Malfoy then asked how the Dark Lord had been resurrected (and knowing Voldemort, it must've involved a lot of killing), which he proceeded to explain.

     One thing she realized though, Lord Voldemort is a sick person. He killed many for his own benefit. That alone sent shivers down her spine. He will do anything to get what he wants, even if it means killing the innocent and leaving them suffering for life.

     Azumi only snapped out of her dazed state when Voldemort suddenly uttered the Cruciatus Curse on the Gryffindor, causing her to flinch from the ground, a scream escaping from her lips, telling him to stop as she tried to stand up, but was only pushed back down like a ragdoll. She couldn't bear to watch another person suffer terribly from his hold, and it always seemed better when she was the one getting hurt, not the other way around.