{Chapter Nine}

(Y/N) (L/N)

We finally got to Luna's house, we got out of e car and Tanner unlocked it. "Hey Tanner??" I asked, walking over to the front door.

"Yes, doll??"

"This is a random question. But, what's your last name??" He chuckled and we walked into the house, I shut and locked the door behind us. "Why do you ask??" I felt my face blush and I looked away walking. "N-nothing. I just want to know!!"

"Okay okay. I'll tell you. It's Grayton." I tilted my head. "So Tanner Grayton Huh?? Interesting." He chuckled and ruffled my hair. "Alright. Now, we have to get the night started. Luna would check the cameras and the windows. Oh and make sure the lights are on." I starred in wide eyed at him. Dumbfounded. "How do you even know this?"

"I do check the B.O.L.O's as well you know. All I know completely is that, they go by the name 'Kidnapper' and they kidnap woman to do human trafficking."

"That's horrible!! So I guess I have to be careful huh." He nodded and pulled me into a hug. "You have to trust me with this, okay??. We have to be careful. And I mean extremely careful. I can't let Adam know-"

"Know what..?? That you're in a relationship with a detective that you're meant to well, kill??"

"That's exactly it. He's not the type of person to let you go off scot free. But I know he needs me. But I know him all too well...." I stuffed my face into his chest and hugged him tightly. "If you're sure. I promise to be careful. And you have to promise to be careful as well got it??" I said looking up, pouting. He nodded, stroking my hair. "I got it. I'll be careful too. Now we have to get started. You go on the computer, check how many stuff she has done and check the cameras."

I nodded and got to the computer, while he goes off to close and lock the windows and turn on the lights. I turn it on, and quickly put in the password I knew all to well. My eyes darted around the screen to see the last things she done.

Well shit. It looks like she was about to finish the night. Wait, her notes.

I clicked on the notes, scrolling. Until something caught my eye. I scanned through it, and my heart stopped in my chest. "Tanner!! I got something, but it's not good." I hear footsteps and a pair of cold familiar hands on my shoulders. "What is it??"

"Look, read the notes."

"'To anyone reading this, I'd suppose it'll be you, (Y/N). But I left to report what happened for a reason. The kidnapper. He caught me. But I managed to escape. I had to hide, and the best place had to be the agency. As soon as I told them, I got back here and am writing this out. I know you'd check the notes first. Good luck.'"

I looked up at him and see that his face was the same as mine. "He got her. But she escaped. He won't be coming here, it'll be going to her. (Y/N), you need to go now."

"But why?? We just got here?!! You can't just tell me to go!!"

"Please?!! I don't have the time to explain. You need to get to the hotel where Luna is. Protect her. You know how to drive right?? Take my car. You need to go now."

"B-but-"

"No buts (Y/N). I told you didn't I?? I told you to trust me. So trust me??" I sighed and nodded taking the car keys, I got up and hugged him tightly. He hugged me back. "I love you, Tanner. Don't you dare die on me." He smiled and placed a gentle kiss on my lips. "I'll try now go." He pushes me out of the house and locking the door behind him.

DAMNIT!! Why...WHY?!! I know I should trust him but, his posture, his normal self. His eyes, they all turned to fear, terror. What the hell is going to happen to him??. DAMNIT. I have his number, I'll call him when I get to Luna.

I run to the car and unlock it, putting the key in, I hit the engine and drove off. "Fuck!! He better not have shoved me out just because he wanted to save me. I'm a detective!!" I yell at myself in the car. I sigh and drove into the driveway. Then hopping out of the car. I ran to the hotel room where she is, frantically knocking on the door. The door opens and Luna stands there. Her eyes full of concern.

"(Y/N)?? Are you alright??"

"No!! I'm not alright!! Right after we read the message you left. My fucking boyfriend kicks me out telling me to find you because he wants to keep me safe!! HOW AM I FINE WHEN HE COULD BE THERE SPEAKING WITH HIS FREAKING BOSS!!"

"(Y/N), calm down. Take deep breaths. Come on in. We can talk. You need to explain. You read what note??" My eyes widened as I sat down on the sofa. "Wait you didn't write the letter?? Then...oh no. Oh FUCK no." My eyes widen in fear, my heart feeling like it's about to break. Tear swelling up in my eyes.

"(Y/N), who is your boyfriend?? What is so terrible about his boss??"

"I-I'm too scared to tell you...I'm scared you'd try to separate us..."

"Hun, I would never. I can clearly see that you love him."

"I'm scared. For him. He has said his boss doesn't let his workers go scot free...he's done something bad...and so have I. We have done the same thing..." Luna looks at me with concern in her eyes. "What what is that??"

"Falling for our enemy....the one we are meant to kill or arrest..."

"What do you mean..?" I looked down, my eyes gone of their light. "He's a killer, Luna. He's one of the people who were stalking you. But he's better he's changed!! He helped me get to you!! He wants to help!! That's why I can't just stand here knowing something terrible could happen to him!!"

I shot up, Luna's voice in the background. "(Y/N)!! I don't care if he's a killer!! As long as he makes you happy. I'll be fine." I turn my head around, my eyes crying. I smiled and hugged her tightly. "Thank you...but there's something I need to do." She nodded and I took my phone out. Calling Tanner, my heart beating fast. Terrified of what could happen next.

"Hello?"

My heart stopped, my eyes widened. I could feel my body begin to weaken.

"You're not Tanner....who the FUCK ARE YOU?!!!"

...

Hihi!! Sorry for the late update. Like I said before. Yesterday wasn't a great day. And because I will be without internet tomorrow, I decided to quickly write this. I hope you are enjoying this story so far!!