~| twenty-eight |~

~| Baton Rouge, Louisiana |~
~| Carmen House |~
~| August 1, 2017 |~

~| Carmen Maria Davis |~

"I'm sorry Carmen, like forreal." Kentrell sighed. "You know I go through shit, and sometimes that helps."

"But drugs Kentrell? Pills? Lean? You know you almost killed yourself right?" I asked.

We was back from the hospital, and what they told me hurt me more than the first time.

They said his heart actually stopped, and started back up again.

I don't know how that was possible, but Kentrell technically died and came back.

And it was said that he's lucky he made it.

Because that type of thing doesn't happen.

"That's what I was hoping." He shrugged, leaning back.

I sighed, pacing the floor as hot tears ran down my face but I wiped them away.

"Kentrell why don't you just vent to me? You haven't been venting for a while." I sat down by him.

"Venting don't always help shawty." He mumbled laying his head on my lap.

"I know, but it's worth to try." I said. "I'm something like your therapist, and if I'm not checking up on you everyday, then I'm not doing my job."

"It ain't a job if you ain't getting paid." He shrugged.

"But I am getting paid." I chuckled. "In dick, but seriously what I'm saying is you gotta learn how to talk about your problems."

Not drugging yourself all day.

"Yeah, you get paid a lot if that's the case. But I understand what you mean, I just don't know how to do that." He put his hand over his eyes.

I moved his hand, and his eyes opened looking up at me. "Stop hiding your eyes, I like them."

"Okay ma." He nodded his head.

"But you have to learn to do that, be in control of your emotions, thoughts, and problems so you can know how to fix them, or change them, and make yourself feel better." I explained. "There's always a solution, even if you don't know it yet."

"I love when you give me advice." He said. "Trust me, I'm trying to take the advice, it's just hard."

"Yeah I know, but you gone get through it." I kissed him. "You got me."

"I know." He mumbled into the kiss, as his hand wrapped around my neck tighlty deepening the kiss.

Then I realized something.

I pulled away from the kiss, and looked at him. "Who was the girl that was in my house? What y'all was doing?"

"Nothing really, she gave helped with the drugs." He shrugged. "We popped the pills together and shit like that."

"Yeahh, imma have a talk with her." I mumbled.

She not about to be supplying him drugs.