24

"They're back!" Kaminari cried out, spotting the three interns.

"Oh my god you guys! We were so worried when we saw the news story!"

"What happened?"

"They said that Togata~senpai beat Overhaul, but there was no footage!"

"Everyone back away from them! They've been through a hard experience and need to rest!"

"Thanks Iida, but it's fine," Uraraka assured.

"Yeah, kero, it's nice to see everyone again."

The class split into small groups, trying to piece together just what happened. Shouto was just on the outskirts of Uraraka's group, wanting to ask questions but too afraid.

"I'm really tired now you guys, I'm gonna go to my room."

"Alright! Good night Uraraka." Momo smiled.

"Hey Todo, can you walk with me to make sure I don't fall asleep on the way?"

Shouto jumped at his name, nodding unsurely. He followed Uraraka into the elevator in awkward silence.

"Deku was there."

"Wh-what?"

"He was there. The league had made a deal with the yakuza, and he and Twice were there. Umm, it was kind of confusing, but I think he's good now. He's the one who really beat Overhaul and saved Eri."

Shouto blinked. "That's... that's a lot. Did he...?"

"Yeah. He wrote two notes, one for Togata~senpai, and one for you. Here." She handed over the folded piece of paper.

"I- thanks."

"Of course! I wanted to call you away from everyone so they wouldn't ask questions. Go read it. I have no idea what it says, but I think it's good. Anyway, good night!"

She bounced away to her room before he could say anything else. He stared down at the paper. For Shouto, it read. There was a little heart right underneath it. Shouto... he used my first name. He hurried to his room, shutting the door and unfolding the note.

Hey Shou,
Long time no see. Look, I'm so sorry. For everything. I dragged you into the villains. If it wasn't for me, you would've been part of 1A from the start. I really fucked up. But I remember now. And I'm not going to forget again. I'm going to take down the league. It's the least I can do to make up for all the bad I've done. Stay safe, and I'll hopefully see you soon.
Love you,
Izu
P.S.- if Kacchan "escapes" don't try to kill him please
P.P.S.- also, give him this for me

It was short. It was a short paragraph but there was so much packed into every word. Love you. He said love you. He's back. My Izu is back.

*UA nurse's office*

"Katsuki?"

"Eiji! You're... you're okay."

"Yeah. Yeah, I am. You saw the news?"

"Pikachu and Raccoon eyes came to let me know yesterday."

"Ah, of course they did. Anyway, they weren't a hundred percent accurate."

"What... what do you mean?"

"Lemillion wasn't the one who beat Overhaul. It was Deku."

"De- Izukun?"

"Yeah. He's still with the villains, but he's on our side. At least, we're pretty sure he is. I just thought you'd want to know."

"Izukun... he's on our side? He... he was saved. I couldn't save him."