25

It had been five days since the fight with Overhaul, and four since his talk with Dabi, who was currently out with Shigaraki and Spinner hijacking Overhaul's police escort. It was strange being without the quirks All for One had given him, but at the same time it was oddly relieving. A small ember of One for All still remained in him even though he'd given the quirk back to Lemillion. He was saving that ember for the right moment.

"Oi, Deku, what are you doing?" Spinner yelled, walking through the door.

"I'm picking flowers," Izuku deadpanned, brandishing the knife in his hand. "What do you think I'm doing idiot? I'm sharpening my knives. Did you get the stuff?"

Shigaraki threw a small box onto the table. "It's only a few of them."

"Still, most heroes are far too reliant on their quirks. Besides, I'm sure we can figure out how to make more of them."

"You better."

"Wait what."

"You'll be in charge of trying to figure these things out."

"Why not have The Doctor do it? I'm good at analysis, not chemistry or whatever the fuck you need to know to make special bullets."

"Too bad. Doctor's busy currently, so you'll have to figure this out. If you can do it, Sensei might consider graciously giving you yet another quirk."

Izuku almost retorted snarkily about how he didn't want a quirk, but instead restrained himself. "Fine. I'll do it. But I'll need materials and a ton of books on the topic."

"You'll receive them."

"Good."

*At UA*

It was Bakugou's first official day back on campus. They still hadn't released the information that he was back to anyone but the students who may encounter him. They were all ordered not to tell anyone outside of the school, and nobody would want to risk being expelled.

Class 1-A was very ecstatic about having no empty desks. There were at least three people crowding around Bakugou at all times, not including Kirishima. Honestly, it was beginning to grate on his nerves.

They had just gotten back from lunch and were waiting for their hero studies teacher. Aizawa finally came in after five minutes.

"Eh? Why the hell is Aizawa~sensei doing hero studies?" Bakugou said. Everyone went silent.

"Did... did you not know? All Might..." Uraraka trailed off, biting her lip.

"Wait... he wasn't... he was telling the truth? All Might... he's really...?"

"Dead. Yes," Aizawa deadpanned.

"You okay Katsuki? If you want, I'll go with you back to the dorms and we can sit out this class together," Kirishima suggested.

"No. I'm fucking fine Shitty Hair. I'm going to stay."

"...okay. Just let me know if you want-"

"I said I'm fine!" Bakugou stood up, knocking his chair over in the process.

"Bakugou. Please come here, the rest of you can go change into your hero costumes and then head to gym gama."

"Yes Aizawa~sensei!" The class chorused, filing out of the room in varying states of worry. Once they were gone, Aizawa turned to Bakugou.

"Right. I understand you went through a lot with the villains. We've all had time to adjust to All Might's unfortunate death, while you've barely had a moment to let it fully sink in. It's perfectly reasonable to sit this class out altogether."