Chapter 21

As the Raj sabha ended with the announcement of purification and reannouncing ceremony of Yudhisthir, everyone moved outside. Duryodhan was fuming in rage. He left with his brothers after glaring at Drisana. Gandharraj Shakuni came close to her.

"I wasn't able to meet you properly, Yadavkanya. You know me already it seems. It's only fair if I do too." Shakuni said with a smile.

"Maybe because you were busy in something else, Gandharraj. I believe my introduction has already been given by Yuvraj Yudhisthir." Drisana said matching his smile.

"That he did. But often our introduction exceeds far more than our name Yadavkanya. And you seem to be one of them." Shakuni replied. "Anyways since you're here, we'll continue getting to know each other. Now I'll take your leave." He left after that.

"Putri, I'm really pleased with you today. Ask for something. I'll give you whatever you ask for." Kunti said smiling at Drisana after embracing her in a hug.

"Are you sure, Mata? Anything?" Drisana asked mischievously.

"Yes, I promise. Anything." Kunti said.

"Okay. I'll ask later. But don't forget your promise. You'll have to give whatever I ask for." Drisana said smiling at her. Kunti blessed her.

"Putri, the courage you've shown today is praiseworthy. I bless you to gain success in life through your wisdom and courage." Mahamahim Bhismeh said coming to stand in front of her.

"If you're really pleased with me, then can you give me permission for something Mahamahim?" Drisana asked folding her hands.

"What permission, putri?" Mahamahim Bhismeh asked confusingly.

"The permission to call you Pitamah. Mahamahim is too long." Drisana said smiling.

"Okay, putri. You will call me Pitamah from now on." Bhismeh saim smiling. Everyone was silently observing them surprised. Pitamah never got comfortable with someone so soon.

Duryodhan was breaking everything that was in the room, screaming furiously. Shakuni came and watching him, was irritated.

"Shant mere bache, shant. (Calm down my son)" Shakuni hold his arm. "Getting your anger out on these objects will not solve anything. This is not our time. We'll have to wait. If we do something right now, we'll be in trouble intead of them."

"All of this has happened because of that Yadavkanya. I'll not spare her." Duryodhan said angrily.

"Don't be foolish. She's Mahabali Balaram and Vasudev's sister. If even one hair of her head goes missing, we'll not be able to save our neck." Shakuni said. "We'll have to wait for the right time. Till then, keep patience. For now I'd like to know from where this sister of Vasudev's has suddenly appeared and what purpose she has behind coming to Hastinapur." He said thoughtfully. Till now he hadn't given much importance of her whereabouts. But now the game had changed. Know your enemy before striking.

*******

It had been two months after that day in the Raj sabha. Yudhisthir had been crowned again and all the Pandavs along with him were busy in state matters.

Nakul was strictly warned by Yudhisthir to stay away from Drisana. Though they met in the presence of others, it was too formal and not sufficient. Their stollen moments were few and far between. He was missing his Hridaya. And Arjun was too pleased watching him in misery.

Drisana missed Nakul too. But she also understood Yudhisthir's concern as she was sure of being watched closely. The word had already spreaded about how she came in the protection of the Pandavs and her being from outside of Aryavart seemed to intrigue everyone. She spent her days mostly with Kunti, Devika and Draupadi. After the day at the Raj sabha Maharani Gandhari was cautious of her, but she had expected it after that episode.