Chapter 36

Drisana embraced Dridhaksh with glistening eyes as he came back from Hastinapur. Dridhaksh had the rare quality of getting in and out of anywhere without being noticed. He could move like a ghost through a crowd. If it was anyone who could get in Hastinapur undetected, end the illusion of Rakshasa Mardok, kill him and slip back from there, it was only him.

"I'm confused behna. These tears of relief are for me or your Paksi-premi?" Dridhaksh asked smiling teasingly.

"Thank you. I can never thank you enough for this." Drisana said looking at him sincerely.

"Only because you tricked me into giving you a vow that I'll fulfill your wish whatever that maybe." Dridhaksh said with a sulking face.

When Duryodhan sent assassins to kill Drisana, it was Dridhaksh who recognised the mark of Bharata soldiers on their necks after Dhikshit slaughtered them. Duryodhan had bought some of them and when Shakuni got to know that, he made the plan to kill Yudhisthir with Mardok's help. But they were unaware that Drisana sent her spy in Vrikasthala to know more about Bharata soldiers as per Krishna's suggestion. Later with Dhrishtadyum's help she got to know about Mardok's arrival at Vrikasthala and it wasn't tough to put two and two together. She knew Shakuni would make sure Pitamah, Bheem and Arjun weren't going to be there. Krishna's interference could lessen the possibility of division of Hastinapur, that she didn't want.

So she decided to send her brother, Dridhaksh and Dhristyadym to Hastinapur. Dhristyadym confirmed what she suspected earlier, Jarasandha's attack. And he agreed on her plan of kidnapping Sahdeva as he didn't want any harm to fall on Pandavs too.

But the question was how to make Dridhaksh agree for this and she found the answer when some certain letters landed on her hands.

"Bhrata Dridhaksh, this is so wrong. I didn't expect this from you. I'll tell everyone about your premleela (love affair)." Drisana said and started to leave.

"Noooooo. Wait." Dridhaksh said coming out of his shock and blocked her way.

"Mere Priye behen, please don't tell anyone about this. Pitashree ko pata cala to woh mujhe samandar mein dubo dubo ke marenge. (Father will drown me on the sea if he gets to know.)" Dridhaksh said pleadingly.

"I'm not going to come to your words. I'll tell." Drisana said threateningly.

"At least you should understand my condition." Dridhaksh said sadly.

"Why should I? What will I get in return?" Drisana asked casually.

"Whatever you want." Dridhaksh said immediately.

"Promise? Anything I want? You'll fulfil it regardless of whatever that maybe." Drisana asked with childish innocence and excitement.

"Yes. I promise I'll fulfil your wish regardless of whatever you want." Dridhaksh said smiling at her, landing right into the trap. Not his fault as looking at Drisana's innocent expression, no one could predict what she was going to ask.

Thus he remained quiet when he came to know about her meeting Nakul and took the risk of going to Vrikasthala. He almost choked on his saliva when Drisana asked him.

"Jara ek Rakshasa ko marke ayenge? (Will you kill a Rakshasa?) "

"Don't worry. I promise after my wedding I'll also arrange yours too." Drisana said smiling brightly.

"Your wedding? And mine? Both seems impossible." Dridhaksh said with a sigh.

"I'm here to make it possible bhrata." Drisana said.