Chapter 63

Hello readers!!!

Back with another chapter. Don't worry this one's not as depressing. 😉

As for the previous chapter, I was disgusted and angry when I first read about Madhavi. Most of all I was angry at Madhavi because she never protested instead suggested her trading to Galava. The thing is, that time Dharma was at its peak. So no one would have forced her if she protested.

It took me a long time to digest that she willingly volunteered for that. Because the woman who left everything and became a hermit at the end, couldn't be afraid of anything. She could have left her father's house or married the first king leaving Galava on his own. The question is why she didn't?

And that's the conclusion I could reach to. For others satisfaction she sacrificed herself. So I presented that thought through Priyamvada. I know it's hard to accept. But it was how it went at that time.

nerd_positive I kept my promise even though its almost 30 or so chapter later. 😂😂😂

■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

Drisana was going to her room with a gloomy mood. Her family had tried to lift her mood in vain. Maharani Mangalya turned the topic to Dheemant unable to bear the thought of Drisana going away.

"Ise dekho. Putra veer hote hai, mahaveer hote hai aur mera yeh putra baalveer hai. (Look at him. Sons are brave, valiant and my son is barber.)" Maharaj Drishadvat said in an attempt to make Drisana laugh.

For now Dheemant got the punishment of refraining from sweets. He couldn't touch any until Maharani said otherwise. Considering how much a sweet tooth Dheemant had, it was a serious punishment. Himani & Poornima had also stopped talking to him until their sons hair came back. Dheemant received a glare, two actually from his wives when he mentioned he did indeed gave back their hair.

Someone pulled Drisana suddenly making her stumble and she fell right on a hard chest. She lifted her head to see it was Nakul. The usual smile that adorned her face at his sight wasn't there. Nakul immediately picked up on her sadness.

"What happened Hridaya?" Nakul asked cupping her face. Drisana only shook her head in negative and hid her face in his chest. Nakul held her and caressed her back gently. Then he picked her by her waist and took her near the fountain. While he sat with her in his lap, Drisana was still hiding her face in his chest.

"I don't want to leave Dravida." Drisana whispered not lifting her head. Nakul frowned for a while trying to decipher her meaning. Then he understood what was the matter. She wanted to marry him and go to Indraprasth, but she didn't want to leave her family. It was the sad reality of every girls marriage. They had to leave their maternal home and family behind to move into a new one. He knew how attached Drisana was to her family, how much she loved and cared for them and how much difficult it was going to be for her to leave Dravida.

"I'm sorry Hridaya." Nakul said placing a kiss on top of her head. He felt wetness on his chest. The thought of her tears caused a sharp pain to throb inside him.
"I wish there was some way to avoid this. But unfortunately there isn't. I am so sorry."

Drisana had gotten attached to her family so much in such a short time. No one could say watching them that she wasn't brought up here. She didn't even have the pleasure of growing up here among them and now just after spending a short time she had to leave. Nakul sighed heavily. Drisana lifted her head after sometime.