Chapter 66

👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

Knock knock!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey guys!!! It's me........

Yeah I know it has been a long. Life has been hectic.

Death, surgery, break-up all has hit me hard. But I finally got myself together somewhat.

Anyways, updates will come sooner from now on.

Enjoyyyyyyyyy.......❤❤❤

Drisana woke up before sunrise and got ready for prayer. Her mother and sister-in-laws came to take her to the temple for Gauripujan. After the prayer, she was taken for the ceremonial bath.

First aroma oil was applied on her hair and later washed with a mixture of herbs. Then ubtan (organic scrub) consisting of sandalwood, turmeric, gram flour, milk, oil and some fragmented herbs, was applied on her face, hands, feet, arms and legs. Drisana was unusually quiet since waking up this morning.

"Are you nervous?" Anandini asked her when she was taken for 'solah shringar' after her ceremonial bath.

Drisana gave a slight shrug not knowing either it was a yes or no.

"And here Mata was tensed about how to turn her into a shying and blushing bride." Shubhaprada said chuckling.

"I'm not blushing." Drisana muttered slowly.

"Yes. But there's a red hue on your cheeks. That'll do." Shubhaprada replied with a smile as she handed her the bridal dress.

Here, on the outer Palace, Nakul followed a similar pattern with a prayer of Lord Ganesh and a ceremonial bath. Only his ceremonial bath consisted of his brothers scrubbing him raw. He was sure Bheem cracked a few bones on the way. He even got some ubtan on his mouth when Arjun massaged his face.

"Kis baat ka badla le rahe hai bhrata Bheem? (Which things punishment am I getting bhrata Bheem?)" Nakul asked helplessly.

"Ginwane bathunga toh vivha ka muhrat nikal jayega. Calega? (If I start counting, you'll miss the wedding. Shall I start?)" Bheem said with amusement.

"Nehi, rehne dijiye. (No. Let it be.)" Nakul said sulking as the rest laughed.

After the purifying bath, he started to get ready for his big day. He wore a golden coloured dhoti and red Angavastra. Nakul took a deep breath staring at himself in the mirror. Today he was going to marry Drisana.

The one he loved.

The one he waited for.

The one he longed for.

There was a restlessness inside. He had wanted this for so long. But now when the moment came, he felt afraid. Afraid of failing her. Afraid of disappointing her.

Nakul knew Drisana was not someone to meekly stay at home and handle the household. She wouldn't just be his wife or another princess of Indraprasth. She would act where no one expected or allowed her to be. Her mind and senses worked in a way even he was unable to fathom sometimes. He knew, there was a chance in future his duties and Dharma would clash with hers. Where he might need to choose one. And no matter what he chose either way he would be defeated and tainted.

But still there wasn't a single thing he would want to change about her.

That's what you do in love. You know the flows, you know the risks, you know the questions.

Still you embrace the flows, you take the risks and face the questions even when you have no answer to that.

"Nervous?" Sahdev asked from behind. Coming inside with the others.