Chapter 25

Krishna stood at the entrance.

"Vasudev, welcome to Hastinapur. We were not aware you're coming." Gandharraj Shakuni said smiling at him.

"If you were aware, how could have I seen Hastinapur's hospitality?" Krishna asked with a serious face.

"It's just a misunderstanding Vasudev. Maharaj had no intention of offending you." Shakuni said still showing his teeth.

"It's good you've arrived Vasudev. Shakuni is right. It was not my intention to offend you. And we've been very patient with your sister. We greeted her with respect, provided her with all facilities, gave her full freedom to roam in our kingdom and what she did in return. She not only insulted Hastinapur's Maharani but raised her hand on Rajkumar Duryodhan in the Raj sabha. If it was anyone else, then he'd be beheaded by now." Dhritarashtra said a little composed now.

"Of course. Maharani Gandhari insulted my sister, Rajkumar Duryodhan questioned her character and you, Maharaj Dhritarashtra ordered to get her whipped, that was absolutely a lot of respect for her." Krishna stated sarcastically.

Dhritarashtra could finally see his error as his anger subsided. Shakuni wanted to slap him upside the head. Duryodhan was hell angry. The only thing stopping him from killing the girl was the Pandav's who still stood surrounding her. Gandhari who was silently hearing everything till now was no better than Duryodhan and it was her who opened her mouth this time.

"If she had stayed in her limits, then all of this wouldn't have happened Vasudev."

"What limits are you talking about Maharani Gandhari? I'm sure there are witnesses to testify who crossed the limits. Have you bothered to ask them Maharaj?" Vasudev asked Dhritarashtra.

"I admit I haven't. But what happened in this sabha that doesn't need a witness." Dhritarashtra replied.

"Are you talking about Rajkumar Duryodhan getting slapped by my behna? If you had teached him how to respect women, how to protect their honour and how to talk to them, my behna won't have to take this trouble. Remember Maharaj, Wherever women are given their due respect, even the deities like to reside, and where they are not respected, all action remains unfruitful. So before it's too late, teach your son the path of Dharma." Vasudev said firmly.

"Vasudev is saying truth, Maharaj. Rajkumar Duryodhan should apologise to Yadavkanya Drisana." Mahamantri Vidur said.

"Have you lost your mind mahamantri? I'll ask forgiveness from this girl?" Duryodhan roared.

"Yes, you will." Gandharraj Shakuni said and added holding his arm, "Try to understand mere bache. Making an enemy out of Vasudev, will be idiocy. First your mother made a blunder and then you father son started walking in her path without thinking. Now don't do anymore stupidity. Ask forgiveness. I promise she won't be visible in Hastinapur after today."

Duryodhan glared at Drisana and said gritting his teeth, "I'm sorry."

"You don't seem sorry at all Rajkumar." Drisana said. Krishna hid his smile at that. Duryodhan gritted his teeth so hard, they would probably break. Shakuni looked alarmed. He knew Duryodhan would create another blunder if this continued.

"Maharaj, this is a shame on Hastinapur. Guests are considered gods. And here a guest has been insulted by none other than my priye behen. You've bent down my head today Gandhari." He took the focus from Duryodhan knowing Gandhari would bend easily than her son. "If you want to remove this stain from your head, apologise my behen. Or give me permission to leave Hastinapur with bowed head."

"No, bhrata. Your head won't be bowed down in shame because of me. Drisana, I apologise for my behaviour. Vasudev is right. I crossed my limits in anger. I forgot for a woman her honour is the most precious thing and to be respected at any cost. I'm ashamed of my words. Please forgive me." Gandhari said folding her hands. She realised her mistake. In anger, she attacked the most delicate spot of a woman without thinking.